Why is my Voice Mail Box always full?
JAMTOB51
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am a low user of my cell phone.  Yet my voice mail box retention seems to be high. 

Callers are told when going to voice mail that my voice mail is full and as a result they cannot leave a message.

I have been unable to correct this.

What can I do.

thank you for any assistance.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voice Mail
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Dial *86 and enter your VM password.  Listen to your messages, delete ones you no longer need.  The basic voicemail has capacity to store about 20 messages

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Dial *86 and enter your VM password.  Listen to your messages, delete ones you no longer need.  The basic voicemail has capacity to store about 20 messages

Mluzzi1985
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have deleted all my voicemails--still people can't leave meddages -- callers are telling me its full

sjo123
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having full control of your voicemail is important. Have you checked the saved folder, to see how many messages are in there?

CraigS_VZW

0 Likes
AmynJensen
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem

kjwykes
Enthusiast - Level 1

On the iPhone, where do I find the saved folder?  also, how do I find out what my password is for retrieving voicnemails, Ive always just deleted them on the phone, but my voicemail keeps saying its full, even when I CLEAR ALL DELTETED MESSAGES.

clmick
Enthusiast - Level 1

All my voicemails are deleted but still says it is full so I have no answer for that.  However I was able to change my voicemail password.  Go to Settings, then phone, at the bottom you can click Change Voicemail Password.  Or you can change it on Verizon.com.  All my voicemails are deleted but still says it is full.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know the importance of having your voicemail service work properly for you. We are here to help.

What model phone do you have? Have you made sure you do not have any saved voicemails as well? We ask because new voicemails and saved ones both count towards your total limit.

StevenG_VZW

IPHONEUSER5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having similar issues. I have an iphone 7 plus.  I have no messages saved on my phone.  I tried calling *86. The message indicates my voice mail is full but does not give me an option to delete voice mail messages.