Why does my Gusto 3 randomly shut down?
Hatterasman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not the original poster, but I am having the same issue with my Gusto 3. For about a month now, it randomly shuts itself off. Sometimes I take it out of my coat pocket and it is off. It also shuts itself off a lot when I close the phone. It has even shut itself off numerous times when I open the phone. It is not the battery. It seems like it could have something to do with opening and closing the flip phone, maybe something that the hinge is doing. I am missing phone calls because of this. This Samsung Gusto 3 is not even two years old. I had an LG flip phone that lasted 6 years without any issues at all. I liked this Gusto 3 when I got it, but now I am hating it more every day. I have no need for a smartphone. I like flip phones. It is apparent that the difference in quality between Samsung and LG flip phones is huge.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does my Gusto 3 randomly shut down?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want you to miss a call! It breaks my heart that this is happened because we always want you to stay connected to the people most important to you. Is there any physical or water damage on this device? Are you noticing any other mechanical issues with the phone?

NicholeK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jamesjfrancis1943

I am having the same problem: no physical or water damage; no mechanical issues.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@jamesjfrancis1943 wrote:

I am having the same problem: no physical or water damage; no mechanical issues.

because it's old and it doesn't matter because you'll have to replace by Dec 31 anyway

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having your device shut down is not the experience we want you to have. When did this problem start? Did anything change on the phone when this issue started?

AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes