Why can't I make a call in Canada?
lifebri

I am traveling in Canada and when trying to dial a US 800 number I am getting a 8t3 message saying this option is not available for my phone.  I have a samsung prepaid schu360

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 8t3 message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I hope you're enjoying your time in Canada, lifebri. I do want to advise that our prepaid devices do not have roaming capabilities this is why you may notice that the device advises that the option is not available for your phone.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I hope you're enjoying your time in Canada, lifebri. I do want to advise that our prepaid devices do not have roaming capabilities this is why you may notice that the device advises that the option is not available for your phone.

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
dexter322

I have a similar problem.  Bought a prepaid phone with Verizon's assurance that it would work at my second home in the mountains.  The coverage map clearly shows my area as "prepaid roaming".  So I don't understand how in your previous message that you say prepaid phones cannot roam.  Does not make good sense. Please explain.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dexter322 we apologize for the confusion and the inconvenience that this has caused! Prepaid devices can roam and has international capabilities. For all the details of our Global services, please visit http://vz.to/Penf8F

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes