Why Can't I Update my Voicemail?
SHESPA17

My husband's flip phone got a text that his voice mail has been updated/upgraded.  When we try to follow the instructions to set up new mailbox and password we can't get past the greeting. # does not launch us into the update process.  Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't update voicemail as instructed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GREHIL89

I definitely understand the confusion. It isn't your phone that needs to be updated. Our voicemail service is being updated on our end and you will need to re-set up your voicemail box by following the prompts when you dial in to check your messages.

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to make sure that your Voicemail is working properly. Have you been able to access your Voicemail since Friday? On the Text Message that you received, did it state what date your Voicemail would be upgraded?

Yesenia_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Cnfuzd

I had this happen as well.  Told by Verizon CS that they did a voicemail update (and I was supposedly noitified via text recently--I was NOT notified).

I was told that due to the update, I did need to follow the prompts and re-set-up my voicemail--including my choice of language, recording my name (no option to NOT record name) and also record my new outgoing voicemailbox greeting.

The 'update' Verizon has provided FORCES one to record their name/message vs using a pre-recorded standard/generic greeting(which is more anonymous).  This means if you prefer for whomever happens to dial your telephone number (be it a human dialing incorrectly or a telemarketer or a robocall, etc)-- they will now have your name/proof that your number is a working phone number......  This takes away one more effort at maintaining phone privacy.  I am complaining to FTC.

0 Likes
GREHIL89

I got the update text, however I can not update my flip phone! I am not on twitter so does this mean I have to go to the Verizon Store to get my voicemail up and running? Or will I be out of luck now?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GREHIL89

I definitely understand the confusion. It isn't your phone that needs to be updated. Our voicemail service is being updated on our end and you will need to re-set up your voicemail box by following the prompts when you dial in to check your messages.

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
GREHIL89

There is no correct answer button to click on, however the answer was correct!!!

0 Likes
Re: Why Can't I Update my Voicemail?
jrisaalex3

I just had a google voice tutorial at work and since I was never able to figure out how to change my greeting also I just found out the VM greeting I have on my cell is actually from Google voice! Try changing this in the google VM settings and see if it works for you. (Mind Blown) 

0 Likes