What Is The Best Device For A 10 Year Old?
AMEHAR264

hi there

my 10 year old has started to walk home from school on occasion. I have an individual Verizon plan. But love to know options to get my son a cell pphone for calling / texting. So he can call us.  I don't want him to have a smart phone with access to all things Internet and gaming. But want to be able to reach him and vice Versa   Thanks for any help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cell phone for 10 year old
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AMEHAR264,

Thanks for checking in with us on the community forum. Ten years old is a great time to get a cell phone, but I agree that a basic phone will be the way to go. You can see all of our basic phones here: http://vz.to/2aIi0Kn You can add them to most plans for $20.00 per month and an a one-time activation fee. If you purchase the phone outright, you wouldn't have any other required monthly charges. They're fairly inexpensive.You can also still add them to a bill starting around a few dollars a month. If you're signed into your My Verizon, you can add a new line by just clicking the shop option at the top and then picking basic phones. You can also add a new line in any store location or by phone at 1-800-256-4646. Let us know if you have any other questions. We're always here to help.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Cell phone for 10 year old
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AMEHAR264,

Thanks for checking in with us on the community forum. Ten years old is a great time to get a cell phone, but I agree that a basic phone will be the way to go. You can see all of our basic phones here: http://vz.to/2aIi0Kn You can add them to most plans for $20.00 per month and an a one-time activation fee. If you purchase the phone outright, you wouldn't have any other required monthly charges. They're fairly inexpensive.You can also still add them to a bill starting around a few dollars a month. If you're signed into your My Verizon, you can add a new line by just clicking the shop option at the top and then picking basic phones. You can also add a new line in any store location or by phone at 1-800-256-4646. Let us know if you have any other questions. We're always here to help.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes