Voicemail not allowing Standard Greeting to be used
redsandvb

Trying to set the voicemail greeting on a Cosmos Touch to the Standard Greeting that reads your number instead of using your recorded name, after following the prompts and picking Standard Greeting, it says 'a standard geeting will be used'.  But, when I dial my number from another phone to check, it uses the same ol' greeting as before, the one that plays the recorded name.  It won't use the standard greeting...What's wrong?!  How do I change it?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail not allowing Standard Greeting to be used
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you dialed Voice Mail, did you

press 4 for personal options, then

press 3 for greetings, then

press 1 for personal greeting, then

press 1 for standard greeting with phone number

0 Likes
redsandvb

Yup.  It then said 'A standard greeting will be used'...  But, nope, when I checked from another phone it had not changed to the standard greeting w/ phone number.

0 Likes
redsandvb

I tried again, this time from the cell (first time was from landline).  Same thing, No change.  What I noteced was after going thru 4, 3, 1 to get to Personal Greeting, it says press 1 for 'standard greeting which will tell callers you are unavailable' rather than 'standard greeting with phone number'.  Both landline and cell say that.

In any case, it won't let me set/use the standard greeting that reads my number.  What's wrong?

0 Likes