Verizon Customer Service? Now that's a question - with no good answers.
Aarius

Verizon has gone to great lengths to create in me something much more that a dissatisfied contract customer.  All the aggravation was exacerbated March 09 when my annual "UPGRADE" time came 'round.  Circumstances cause that I keep expenses to a minimum and my cell is the only phone I have.  A disabled Vietnam Vet 65 years into this first quarter of my life - I've pretty much been there, done that and got all the T-Shirts.

Explaining to the CS rep in March that a bigger screen would be a great help I came to, or by, the Samsung Brightside. I am a real old timer but I eat drink and sleep computer stuff (PC) and many things electronic.  I have a fully operational audio production studio in my home and write, produce, do voice-overs for and publish not-for-profit videos - most supporting our brave men and women in harm's way.  I have, of necessity due to a battle royal for over a year with a certain major concern that seems to think they own parts or portions of my operating system, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and bare-knuckle fighting inside my OS has caused collateral damage.  I have completely wiped and performed a clean re install of my OS twice in less than a year.

So, when I get a "NEW PHONE" from Verizon I'm all excited about getting it up and running and performing at least to the degree it is advertised as being capable of.  The SAMSUNG BRIGHTSIDE, I have deduced after many hours struggling with it is simply a joke.  The BRIGHTSIDE absolutely had to have been some marketing scheme that was designed, constructed and put on the market by SAMSUNG without one minute of research and development.  It was as though they tried to define "BASIC" in a cell phone with this product and wrapped it in a very attractive package - until one tries to simply pick it up.  Go to the Samsung/Verizon site that lists the phones specs to try to keep pace with requisite formats for music, sounds, ring tones, videos, photos and data and if you do not speak CODEC and FORMAT good luck even trying to load onto say a 16 gig external MicroSanDisk your own music, sounds, ring tones, videos and oh! yes pictures.  Verizon has a "proprietary software cement program called "V-CAST".  Written, instilled as part of the permanent footprint of the Verizon product and it simply does not like some "owner/customer" trying to circumvent it's sole purpose which is to funnel the owner customer into a controlled position whereby if "it ain't from Verizon - it is licensed to fight you to the death.  Right now I could give lessons on exactly how and what to do to just be able to locate the files from your own library and view them on the phone.  In fact I will give lessons if I'm asked but first I'll try to convince whomever to switch to SPRINT - thanx to Consumer Reports, and my now cemented dislike for recorded CS events with Verizon.  When I wrote in a previous entry here - "It's on now!", I was not kidding.

Taking a close look at the "My Account" page with Verizon I come across an offer they make to buy your no longer needed phone(s) that are free of obligation.  I needed to find something to hopefully make me feel a little better for the wear.  Thinking about it angers me even more so it is simply this:  My Blackberry Storm 3590, Verizon's appraised value, $7.00 - that's SEVEN dollars US.  My LG Cosmos, $0.00, as in ZERO Verizon appraised value.  So, that discovered surely Verizon must hold the new SAMSUNG BRIGHTSIDE (although "just a basic phone" as the manager of the Draper, Utah Verizon store rather bluntly said to me), here it is:  $12.00 - All in one pile no less...

I feel so used...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Customer Service? Now that's a question - with no good answers.
baubillious
Enthusiast - Level 3

Responding to your comment about putting pictures into a microSD card, I have done it before and it's fairly simple...you just need to put the card into the phone for it to be formatted (or whatever it is, it will put folders onto the card for pictures, sounds, etc...) and then you take the card, plug it into the computer, and drag your files into the folders, and it should work.

As for it being a basic phone, I am really confused about what your problem is with the phone...or Samsung and Verizon?

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

If you want ringtones use phonezoo.com.

0 Likes
acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

You are much better off selling a used phone on ebay especially if it's an old phone in high demand.  ENV 3 is going for $80 or more used and lots of bidding wars on them, other phones are doing the same.  If you don't do ebay then find a friend that does and have them list it.  That is what I have my friend do that is a long time ebay seller.  Mary

0 Likes
buzzeswoman
Enthusiast - Level 3

another good website to get free ringtones is zedge.net...i had that app when i had my smart phone...its a great website to go to and its absolutely free

0 Likes
buzzeswoman
Enthusiast - Level 3

the only complaint i have with verizon customer service is there tech support team who sent me out a completely different phone to replace the one ive had for almost 2 weeks that ive had to replace 3 times. is that they forgot to send me a back cover and a battery. although they informed me that i will be receiving it tomorrow. why send a new phone without giving me a battery and a back cover? the phone is no use to me until then.

0 Likes
bobboss
Enthusiast - Level 2

What bothers me is VZ  and some may disagree with me should respect our vets who fought for the right of people to form and own companies and what little freedoms and privacy we are privileged with. I approach a door and  It offers military discounts I am more likely to do business there again. Verizon has lost it they show no respect anymore for their customers regardless of their circumstance the more I read in this posts I am glad that I don't work for them I would have to hang my head in shame after all these posts. It seems like they are snake oil salesmen who need to be tarred and feathered and run out of town

<< Remaining content of post removed to comply with   >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

igovirginmobile
Contributor - Level 1

What do you expect, when you get as big as Verizon you can stamp on the fingers of your customers. All companies when they get large enough figure that they can lose a few customers without loosing revenue. Then in a few years Verizon will be the new General Motors/NetFlixs ect and go away while smaller companies that VALUE their customer will pickup market share...then these companies fail to learn the same critical business truth and the cycle continues. What is better than to force programs on a phone that your customer have paid for and at the same time collect royalties from the companies that developed the software. Better yet force your customer to buy all their content from you just like the company stores in the good old days where you would sign over a large portion of your pay check back to a company to buy food which they mark up to keep you in hock...great business plan Verizon..keep spitting on us and if the posts are any gauge for now your customer will thank you for it...for now.