Using headset with the Octane
Bernie157a
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm trying two different headsets to see how well they work with my LG Octane for handsfree usage.  One of the headsets has a button a few inches down from the earbud and one has no such button.

Neither one rings in the ear when a call comes in although the phone announces number, vibrates, and rings (that's the way I have it set).  Do I need to change settings in the phone to hear incoming calls in the earbud, such as Phone Settings, Voice Commands, Prompts, Earpiece -- or does that have nothing to do with incoming calls?

For making calls handsfree, I see no way to do that with the no-button headset.  Am I missing something?  With the other headset (with button), if I press button briefly it dials last call made.  If I press and hold the button it puts me into voice command and I can (hopefully) speak the command/person/etc. that I want to call or do.

What am I missing?  Is there another type of headset I should be looking for?

I believe with my prior phone, the LG VX6100, its Driving Mode made all this work better.

Bernie

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Using headset with the Octane
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Bernie157a,

I'm happy to hear that you are shopping for an earpiece! Handsfree devices allows us to continue calls while providing our hands the freedom to focus on other tasks such as driving. May I ask what make & model earpieces were you comparing? The capability of an earpieces vary based on manufactures and the model phone that they are designed for. For example, Motorola earpiece works seamlessly with Motorola devices. If you would like to compare our selection of earpieces then I have provided a link below.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?&action=refineByCategory&categoryId=21

The LG Octane has several audio settings that can be adjusted by none of which for the wired earpieces. For troubleshooting purposes, I would recommend turning off the features that announce the phone number when you receive a call then try both earpieces for the ringer. Let me know if this works for you.

Happy earpiece shopping!

0 Likes