Unlimited Texting for Env3 Not Available?
slei

I went to the Verizon store the other day after buying a new Env3 to try to add on Unlimited Texting and they said it is not available for the Env3.  If I had known this before I would not have bought the phone.  What are the options for texting for the Env3?  I've done some researching on this but most of the discussions are from 3 years ago and I don't know if they still apply now.  I've heard of unlimited texting mobile to mobile do they still have this? becuase I mostly will be texting to other Verizon phones.

Thank You

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unlimited Texting for Env3 Not Available?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

What plan are you on?  If you're on a Share Everything plan without data, then texting is pay-as-you-go; if you have a data plan, then unlimited texting is included.  If you're on a Nationwide plan, text packages should still be available, i.e., 1000 texts/month for $10 or unlimited texts for $20 if a single line and $30 for all lines on a family plan.  If it's prepaid, unlimited texting is included in the $60 and $70 plans.

Did the rep say why the env3 or your plan couldn't have an unlimited text package?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

What plan are you on?  If you're on a Share Everything plan without data, then texting is pay-as-you-go; if you have a data plan, then unlimited texting is included.  If you're on a Nationwide plan, text packages should still be available, i.e., 1000 texts/month for $10 or unlimited texts for $20 if a single line and $30 for all lines on a family plan.  If it's prepaid, unlimited texting is included in the $60 and $70 plans.

Did the rep say why the env3 or your plan couldn't have an unlimited text package?

0 Likes
slei

Thanks for the clarification.  I believe he said my plan could not have Unlimited texting.  What is the difference between a share everything plan and an nationwide plan? and will they allow me to change plans, because the rep didn't offer me any alternatives.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you a new customer on a post-paid plan?  If so, then you're on a Share Everything plan and no, you couldn't change to a Nationwide plan because those are no longer offered (customers on the plan are grandfathered).

0 Likes
slei

Oh I switched to verizon about a year ago.  So there is no texting plan for the share everything plan with no data?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, the Share Everything plan with no data does not included texting; those are pay-as-you-go.  If you wanted to pay $30 more each month, you'd get unlimited talk, unlimited texts, and 500 MB of data.  Go to this link, then scroll to the bottom (Basic Phones:  Share Everything Options):

Plans - Share Everything - Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
slei

Thanks for all this new information.  and sorry but I have one more question.  If i upgraded and did the $30 more a month and got the unlimited talk, text and 500mb of data that would be shared with my whole family plan right?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, the Share Everything plan shares minutes/texts/data across all devices on the plan.

0 Likes
slei

Thanks again for all your help.  You've answered all my questions so well.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome.  Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

0 Likes