Re: Text message from smart phone is garbled, unable to read on Samsung Intensity II
TIMBRI20

My mom has this same phone. After sending quite a few test messages, we have found that the phone is not able to handle messages over approx 120 characters (not much at all!) and there is no way to split incoming messages on this particular phone. Now that so many people have smart phones and could text a three page essay if they wanted, this problem will continue to get worse.

0 Likes
Re: Text message from smart phone is garbled, unable to read on Samsung Intensity II
TARODW17

I am having the same issue. Not that often but often enough. On top of that I received a text yesterday and it was blank, I opened it and it went to the Verizon Wireless screen ( the one you see when you turn your phone on).  I have opened it numerous times but it still shows on my phone as unopened.

0 Likes
SusieInNV

Does this work on the Gusto as well?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to receive your text, TARODW17. I'm sorry to hear that you are having issue and I want to look into this. When did this start? Is this happening to all numbers or a specific number? Have you tried to delete the message and have them resend the message? What is the available storage on the phone? Here's how to check https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-34080/.

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SusieInNV, we want to make sure we’re on the same page with you regarding your inquiry about your Samsung Gusto.  Are you inquiring about updating your phone’s roaming capabilities by pressing*228 and choosing Option2 from your phone's key pad to update your device’s roaming capabilities with our cell towers (While in the USA) or something else? - RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DanielLionsDen

I had the garbled-text problem since about 2015. I finally gave in to Verizon's push to get a smart phone. 

I got a Samsung S8+ but now regret the decision. Since the last OS update, I've been getting internet ads pushed into my face, even though I've deactivated Google and some other "features."

I've been checking back to this forum to see if ANYONE has offered a fix or hack to the "garbled text" problem. Sadly, Verizon still pretends it's an isolated problem and makes customers jump through imaginary troubleshooting hoops.

What garbage!

The problem is one of design. Apparently the smartphones use EMS messages, which the older , MMS-based phones have trouble decoding.  This would be a quick OS fix for the older phones... IF Verizon wanted to fix it.

Sadly, I suspect my old Brightside or older flip phone can't be updated. However, I think there are newer basic phones out there which can do the job.

If Verizon doesn't have a fix for this long-time problem, I'm sure there's a company which takes customers more seriously. If there  is, that's where I'm going.

0 Likes
DanielLionsDen

I had the garbled-text problem since about 2015. I finally gave in to Verizon's push to get a smart phone. 

I got a Samsung S8+ but now regret the decision. Since the last OS update, I've been getting internet ads pushed into my face, even though I've deactivated Google and some other "features."

I've been checking back to this forum to see if ANYONE has offered a fix or hack to the "garbled text" problem. Sadly, Verizon still pretends it's an isolated problem and makes customers jump through imaginary troubleshooting hoops.

What garbage!

The problem is one of design. Apparently the smartphones use EMS messages, which the older , MMS-based phones have trouble decoding.  This would be a quick OS fix for the older phones... IF Verizon wanted to fix it.

Sadly, I suspect my old Brightside or older flip phone can't be updated. However, I think there are newer basic phones out there which can do the job.

If Verizon doesn't have a fix for this long-time problem, I'm sure there's a company which takes customers more seriously. If there  is, that's where I'm going.

0 Likes
cookieladydozen120

Once in awhile the return message is garbled/scrambled.  With everything being done by phones these days it is imperative that I can read the text. Case in point:  confirmation of a COVID Vaccination appointment. Even getting a text from an merchant that my order is ready to pick up can be hard to read. I do use email as a back up but when I can travel once more, I won't be able to do that with a flip phone. It sounds as if upgrading phones will not solve the problem. I have been to a Verizon store three times about this issue.

0 Likes
cookieladydozen120

Same here with my Gusto phone. Makes life more challenging that it already is. I don't see where a new model would help. I rely on texting to confirm appointments and get alerts. Not cool when I can't read them.

0 Likes
cookieladydozen120

I do hope that after all these years, Verizon can take care of this problem. I will be changing companies in the future if I do not get some help. Covid has made this an even more serious issue.

0 Likes