Text Messages
Marills

I get a lot of picture/video messages that are not videos or photos. They seem to be from group messages only. I have an old dumb phone. Are these messages still part of my unlimited text messages?

0 Likes
Re: Text Messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Marills

I can definitely understand your concerns with receiving these types of messages on your wireless device. I want to ensure they are a part of your unlimited messaging plan allowance.

Which plan are you currently on? Group messages will transmit as MMS (Multimedia Messaging – picture and video) messaging. Group messages are billed as MMS, even if it’s a standard 160 characters or less texts.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
Marills

Thanks! 700 Min Plus Unlimited Text.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Marills, this plan does indeed include the unlimited messaging. However, if you are receiving picture video messages and those messages use data, you would be billed data charges at $1.99 per megabyte unless you have a data allowance as a part of your plan. Multi Media messages with images from a website or videos that use data, will see those data charges. Does this help clear up the details?

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes