Stop VZ Navigator ad at 2:00 am on Cosmos Touch
dpress7642

I got this ad this morning, loud and clear, at 2:00 am (this is the fourth time, not in a row but since I have had the phone which I got on 4/30/11) and it kept my phone on so this morning my fully charged phone died and after recharging it, i tried the following advice from a previous post, but I do not see the "Select Options (lower right hand corner, right soft key) as listed; the only option I seem to have is the "Get" button at the bottom of the screen.  So how would I access the options to cancel or remove so that this ad stops?

Re: Stop VZ Navigator ad Messages

Options

05-20-2011 09:31 AM

Hi.

You can try to remove the application from your device by following the steps below.

Select Menu

Select Media Center

Select Browse & Download

Highlight VZ Navigator, (do not select, just highlight)

Select Options, (lower right hand corner, right soft key)

Select Cancel or Remove

Confirm Yes

This will remove the application and further prompts to download.  

Thank you,

VanessaC_vzwsupport

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Stop VZ Navigator ad at 2:00 am on Cosmos Touch
chrisstu
Contributor - Level 1

This suggestion does not work.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
chrisstu
Contributor - Level 1

This suggestion does not work.

0 Likes
cknoll74

Why is it that these threads die after Verizon checks them as solved? Although you have responded that the fix did not fix, it will remain as solved. I have fought the same issue for 3 months. Will repost same.

0 Likes
cknoll74

WHy is this checked as solved when it the fix did not solve the problem?

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello cknoll74,

Thanks for sharing your concern on this topic. I can assure you that any topic that is still being discuss after a solution is accepted is still a relevant conversation that needs to be addressed. Oftentimes, the solution is accepted by another community member, not just a Verizon Wireless employee. If you are still having this issue with your device then you can feel free to send me a private message with your full name, mobile number, and your specific concern with the device so I can investigate.

Thank you...

0 Likes