Spyware removal
IaHawk

Does Verizon offer  spyware removel? If i do a hard reset would it take care of any spyware that mite be on my phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Spyware removal
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

IaHawk wrote:

Does Verizon offer  spyware removel? If i do a hard reset would it take care of any spyware that mite be on my phone?

I would recommend getting kaspersky mobile security.

Data, theft and malware protection for your smartphone

• Anti-Theft Protection
  • Privacy Protection
  • Anti-Malware Protection
  • Real-time scanning and advanced firewall protection
  • Advanced data encryption
  • Parental controls for your child's phone

As for getting rid of spyware placed on your phone already, you can just erase everything on your phone. Restore everthing,not just reset phone back to default settings. Before doing so, backup pictures/text messages/videos/contacts & whatever else you want to save.

0 Likes
Lee-Lee
Contributor - Level 3

Unfortunately we do not offer and spyware removal at this time, however, if you have spyware on your device you can contact our tech support department an see if there is something that can be done to remove it for you. The number is 1-800-Verizon, call from any landline phone.

0 Likes
SpiritHunter

Geee! you are behind your times are you Alethia
there have been reports about being stock and spyed on from

cellphone, better start having services of handling this problem.

I would reset the phone which I call it nuking the phone.

reseting the phone should get rid of all the spyware it might have

I done this to my Pc at times.

just make sure you have media a data back up ok.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

SpiritHunter wrote:

Geee! you are behind your times are you Alethia
there have been reports about being stock and spyed on from

cellphone, better start having services of handling this problem.

I would reset the phone which I call it nuking the phone.

reseting the phone should get rid of all the spyware it might have

I done this to my Pc at times.

just make sure you have media a data back up ok.

Yes there have been news reports of spyware on cell phones. It is really truly freaky. To think the person doesn't even need the phone to install the software. I've just becomed extra paranoid.

Reseting the phone won't make the spyware go away. You'll need to restore the whole phone, wipe out everything.

SpiritHunter

You looked it up online about this problem

you might find a answer there.

most people send the phone in and get a replacment

I wish they put some program in the phone to block the trouble makers

there some sick people out here .

1 lady was bieng stocked from her cell phone

she went though over 30 cellphones trying to loose  the stocker.

0 Likes
WaterHemlock24

Hey guys...

I'm afraid Im in the same shoes as the old lady...   Someones been on my phone for quite some time now... I think its a crazy x girlfriend thats been stalking me, and when I met my current girlfriend 4 months after we had broke up, my phone started clicking, beeping, and acting crazy all the time, although I have another suspect, Im almost positive thats who it is. It is without a doubt OBVIOUSLY hacked with spyware, or being eavesdropped constantly all times of day. The person doing it has no life, and is on there all the time and heres every single conversation. They even have been pressing buttons when I walk in my door at night after work, and when I peak out the window to look for cars or what not, they hit more buttons!  I swear, who in the heck has time to follow someone and "creep" around in the shadows pressing buttons!     anyways, it is disturbing, and I cant figure out a way to get rid of it!    Everyone at Verizon just tells me... "Thats Impossible!"    "It must be something else"   the Police officers Ive told say:   "we cant file a report without proof of an incident"  SO pretty much, this creepo just gets to keep on doing their warped head games all the time, and I cant do anything about it. Oh yea, and I've went through 4 different phones, Erased everything a couple times and started over, AND changed my number twice!!!!     Its frustrating because I have to keep giving all of my proffesional contacts my new number!!!       I dont know what to do, if anyone can offer any advice for me, Please help!!!!      Email me...     {edited for privacy}

0 Likes
salonsister

I am dropping my phone off at the sheriffs dept. tomorrow. They have a cell tech that said it might take 2 days, but hopefully she can pull the info off of it and maybe even track it back to the person doing it. They asked if I wanted to press charges. Of course I said yes. I'll keep you posted, but you should call your local Sheriff Dept.

Good Luck! There are some sickos out there!

0 Likes