Re: Smaller flip phones needed!
mama23dogs
Legend

9F680FD6-6A58-4AB5-9CB9-F0A8ED77A89F.jpeg

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

In fact, if the time line is correct for Verizon and At&t, you would have had several  months more with your flip phone with Verizon than At&t. 

0 Likes
kzakza
Enthusiast - Level 2

Went to three Verizon stores that all had only one of 3-4 flip phone models on display (and one was a discontinued model!), so unless you buy the displayed model, you're buying one sight unseen and will be charged a restocking fee if you return it.  Terrible customer service there.

I bought one today (Alcatel Go Flip V) to replace an old Samsung. It's so wide that it's uncomfortable to hold, making texting totally impractical. Clearly not designed for use by a woman, just men with large hands!  Will be shopping other providers because, per the specs, all the phones Verizon is supporting are just as huge.

mama23dogs
Legend

@kzakza wrote:

Went to three Verizon stores that all had only one of 3-4 flip phone models on display (and one was a discontinued model!), so unless you buy the displayed model, you're buying one sight unseen and will be charged a restocking fee if you return it.  Terrible customer service there.

I bought one today (Alcatel Go Flip V) to replace an old Samsung. It's so wide that it's uncomfortable to hold, making texting totally impractical. Clearly not designed for use by a woman, just men with large hands!  Will be shopping other providers because, per the specs, all the phones Verizon is supporting are just as huge.

The sales pages include all specs, including weight and dimensions of each phone,

mama23dogs
Legend

@kzakza 

So I looked up measurements on the Gusto, which another user listed as the tiny size she was happy with,  it's exactly 1.92" wide.   The Alcatel Go Flip V is 2.08".  A difference of .16".    It's 1/4 inch longer and the same width, and a bit heavier.   

kzakza
Enthusiast - Level 2

Never seen a Gusto, but the phone I replaced was 1.85" wide (vs. 2.08") x 3.67" long (vs. 4.13"). A quarter-inch of width makes a difference when you have to hold something in your hand a lot, especially if you're trying to text - and especially if you have small hands! Almost half an inch longer makes it harder to fit in a pocket (again, women's pockets being generally smaller). 

kzakza
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, of course I looked at the specs, but seeing the thing itself is more helpful. It's like a sizing chart when you're buying clothes online - it *sort of* tells you how something will fit, but not as well as seeing the real thing. What's your beef here, anyway? This is a forum to share user experiences, isn't it?

mama23dogs
Legend

@kzakza wrote:

Yes, of course I looked at the specs, but seeing the thing itself is more helpful. It's like a sizing chart when you're buying clothes online - it *sort of* tells you how something will fit, but not as well as seeing the real thing. What's your beef here, anyway? This is a forum to share user experiences, isn't it?

Pardon?  Beef?   My experience is the specs with measurements are published and that's a place to start.  🙄

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we want is to lose a member of our family. We understand the importance of having a device to fit your needs. Have you had an opportunity to look at these models: https://www.verizonwireless.com/basic-phones/. We would love an opportunity to turn this around. We will send a Private Note, so that we can assist you better. BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
bewilder
Contributor - Level 1

I've received the exact same beef when I said a certain phone is too large.  Some people just think they know what others should like. Small differences in size make a huge difference in comfort- usability in the hand, and comfort-carryability in the pocket.  I understand completely.

Unfortunately, the fact that you can't activate any of the smaller phones anymore means you're stuck with the big fat rocks that all of the 4G phones are.  It is absolutely disgusting that Verizon decided to keep 3G operational for another year AFTER their deadline for activating new phones had passed!  The only reason I didn't replace my Gusto 3 with a new Gusto 3 last spring is because I thought it would be useless at the end of the year. Then in summer they decided to extend it another year, but still won't let you activate a 3G.

THANKS VERIZON. SMH