Single Beep Noise While In A Call?
crkkuczek

Hello everyone.  Whenever I am in a call with my mother on either her home phone or cell phone, I hear a single beep noise on my end, as though someone is pushing a button on a touch tone phone, and I hear it more than once.  It is not an alert for any new text messages or voice mails.  I do not have a smartphone at this time.  I currently have AT&T Wireless and I have already posted this question on their forums.  Does anyone know what could be causing this beeping noise?  It also happens when I am talking with my grandmother, who I call once a week.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Single Beep Noise While In A Call?
Not applicable

I believe this is the minute warning built into the phone.

Years ago on my clam shell I went in and turned minute alerts off.

That stopped the beeps.

Look in your manual or under call settings and see if the minute alerts are set to on. If so turn them off.

Good Luck

0 Likes
crkkuczek

Hello.  You know, I did not even think of that as a possibility.  Thank you very much.  I will check my user manual and see if the minutes reminder feature is turned on.  It may very well be.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Its nice that customers of Verizon Wireless can assist those using AT&T.Smiley Happy

Good Luck

0 Likes
Single Beep Noise While In A Call?
crkkuczek

I just checked my phone and the minute minder is not turned on.

0 Likes
crkkuczek

Yes.  I think it's nice, too.  I am glad I have been able to get some help.  I have not gotten any answers to this question on the AT&T forums yet. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Another thing it could be is a battery warning. Low Battery?

There is also a beep sound when you are in a roaming mode.

Just two more ideas. I will keep looking for an answer.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Not applicable

I have found the following.

1- Loss of cell or weak signal

2- Entering a roaming area.

3- Call Waiting

4- Battery draining or almost dead battery.

5- Conversation Being recorded.

6- Minute Reminder (You said that was not it)

7- Your cell phone has its recorder set on?

8- From the XDA Developers web site there is a thread of this being something AT&T customers are expercing.

Lastly for number 9, The phone is faulty and should be replaced.

Like I said I will keep researching.

0 Likes
Not applicable

another thing to check, Do you have an Alarm Clock on the device? It may be active which would beep you. Turn alarm clock off.

I am still looking.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

crkkuczek wrote:

Yes.  I think it's nice, too.  I am glad I have been able to get some help.  I have not gotten any answers to this question on the AT&T forums yet. 

The AT&T forum is a peer to peer customer forum just like this forum. Nobody might seen it yet or it wasn't in a good place for the active users on the forum to have seen it.

Hopefully you get the answers you are looking for.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes