Service connection problem
Schteve

Why is my phone not picking up local service?  I have a basic phone that was working great.  However today it just started sporadically saying entering and leaving service area and jumping between no bars and many bars without me moving.  I am definitely in an area where there should be service.  When I try to call anything when I have bars it immediately goes to zero bars.  I am also frequently getting a a message that says "CDMA service not available."  I tried going to the verizon store but the rep was very unhelpful and said I would just need to call the tech support.  Is there anything I can do for this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Service connection problem
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try dialing *228, then option 1 to reprogram your phone to the network.  Also try dialing *228 option 2 to update your Preferred Roaming List (the towers that you use).

0 Likes
Schteve

Unfortunately that did not work.  After some time it made a triple beep noise and has something that says "Programming Unsuccessful!".  I never got to select an option.  Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Schteve, service and signal at your fingertips is a top priority! What zipcode are you currently located in? Also, what is the make and model of the device? We want to get the best path to resolution. Do you see any changes to bars of signal indoors or outdoors? Keep us posted so we can further assist.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ckamps

Model   LG Octane

I can't get the phone to power up.  I thought I had turned it off earlier during a meeting, but now it has a white screen with the red Verizon swoosh.  I plugged it into power when I got home,  No change.  What now????

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's ensure you're device is fully up and running, ckamps. Since the issue has been occurring has the battery been removed from the device? If so, what were the results?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jeska79

I am having the same issues with a samsung intensity iii

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's clear these problems out of the way, Jeska79. What zipcode are you having trouble in? Are you having the same issue when dialing *228 or with the service message Schteve mentioned? Do you know of any other Verizon Wireless customers in your area having similar issues? Please fill us in on a bit more details about your specific service difficulties.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes