Samsung Intensity song info sometimes missing
brotherjim3

I copied about 400 mp3s from my PC to my Samsung Intensity 3 card. Viewing the files on the card while the card is plugged into the computer, it shows that the Song Info (Artist, Genre, etc) transferred correctly to the card for all of the songs. When the card is inserted into the phone, though, only the Title is displayed correctly on the phone for 20 of the 400 songs. The other Song Info appears as Unknown. I deleted those 20 songs from the card and reloaded them but got the same result. Any idea why the phone would not recognize the Song Info for some of the songs?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Intensity song info sometimes missing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@brotherjim3,

Let's get to the bottom of this!

have you tried deleting all the songs and adding them back to the SD card a few at a time just to see if the title display correctly. It may be that since you added them all at once it may have cause an issue.

Please try this and keep me posted.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
brotherjim3

Per your suggestion, I tried downloading the wayward songs, onto a new, clean micro SD card. Of the 20, four came across with readable Song Info, while 16 were still listed on the phone as Unknown. Then I deleted all of these and reloaded just one of those songs. The Song Info was still unrecognized by the phone... This discussion group will not allow me to upload an audio file (I tried it under Insert Video). Is there a place I can send the mp3, to see if the problem can be replicated?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello brotherjim3
It may be the file that the phone cannot read. Please download a different file and retest.

Joe_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
brotherjim3

Thanks for another response.

I just downloaded 70 more songs, with Song Info for each song clearly showing in Windows. The phone is not acknowledging Song Info for any of them. For all 70, the Song Info shows Unknown in all categories.

Any more ideas?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying those steps brotherjim. The way the songs are displayed in Windows doesn't always transfer exactly to phones as they are different operating systems. Windows has different programs built in to support this while the phone doesn't. For further steps, you can try contacting Samsung at 888-987-4357.

Marquia_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
brotherjim3

With the help of the Samsung rep, I determined the cause: Loading an MP3 to the computer from a CD creates a file complete with Song Info readable by the phone. Converting a file from YouTube to MP3 results in a file with unreadable Song Info.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

0 Likes