Re: Samsung Intensity III?
jamie76

like DR I have had problems with my Samsung Intensity III. I was used to the features & qwerty keyboard. Didn't want a touchscreen. I like the features but not the way this phone works for calls. I'm copying the info I put in as a reply to DR in a different post.

I'll be interested to know if Verizon determines there an issue with this phone in your area.

I am also very disappointed & frustrated with my Samsung Intensity lll that I got from Verizon 10 days ago. Drops calls when I'm sitting in 1 place, not moving my hands around & checking my voice mail. At least half the time messages - & voice mail instructions voice - sound like they are breaking up. Also problems when making calls, sounds like call has dropped often. Messages I've left on my home answering machine are sometimes garbled as are the messages I'm trying to hear.

Sitting at home & other locations where other Verizon (& other companies) phone are working, my phone can be sitting on the table by the window & signal will be 3 or 4 bars then drop to "moving out of service area" "no service" "moving into service area" 3 bars etc all within 1 min while not being touched so it's maddening to being trying to use it.

I called Verizon support within 1st 24 hours. After checking some things, they said to take it back to Verizon store for thorough check out. Have done that twice & they made a good effort to find out what's wrong, but to no avail. They've put location on/off, removed battery, reset phone twice, etc. In the store - where they have a tower - I have 4 bars. In parking lot 3 or 4 bars & calls to my home answering machine or voice mail can still be garbled.

I've asked if it could just be a bad phone. Friends who have older Samsung Intensitys don't have the phones I do & we are in the same area. I will be taking this one back & either just going back to my old phone that doesn't work any worse than my new Intensity lll & delaying a replacement until I can figure out what else to try. maybe if offered I would try another Intensity lll. Working properly - and as one would expect a new phone to do - this is all the phone I need & the right size & fits with my hike etc.

0 Likes
edis54
Contributor - Level 2

On 7/23, I was told that they will check for problems in my area, and then Jason – tech supp, will call me within 48-72 hours.

72 hours long time gone. No calls from Verizon.

Tomorrow, 7/23 will be the 14th day from the day of purchase. I wonder if by chance it is part of the game with intention that the customer forgets about the 14 days period.

They will get my call tomorrow.

0 Likes
saudet

I too have had nothing but issues with others having trouble understanding me or hearing me. I am sending it back.

0 Likes
castpics

Right now I am a VERY unhappy Samsung customer!

Verizon recommended another Samsung for me. I was happy with my last one. All I do with my phone is talk, text and take pictures. Got my new Samsung III and took off for a week's vacation in South Dakota. Memorized where the "save" key was. Took scads of photos, most from the back of a motorcycle. Got home and went in to send pics to my Verizon pic storage site. No pics! Discovered that when "save" is clicked, the photo is deleted!

When you click on the camera key  on your phone, the display becomes "landscape" mode, with "save" under the right soft key. So I did what seemed logical, just like on my old Samsung, and lost all my photos.

The instructions say "press the Left Soft Key Save to save the picture to My Pictures". The screen has "erase" on the top right, "send" in the middle right and "save " above the right soft key. Nothing on the left of the screen above the left soft key. There is no left soft key "save". There is a right soft key "save". Pushing on it erases your pictures. Incidentally, if you push on the left soft key (blank above it), you save your picture.

I am heartbroken over my vacation pictures. Doesn't Verizon know this glitch exists? Doesn't Samsung? Am I the only person that has experienced this?

0 Likes
edis54
Contributor - Level 2

It seems that this model has glitch on everything. After exchanging three times, I came to conclusion that it will be impossible to use this phone without frustration. I said to Verizon ‘No thank you’, when they offered another exchange. They credited the rip-off “upgrade fee” and I purchased Samsung Sway on eBay. And ...I am happy since then.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Castpics,

I can't even begin to express my sincerest apologies for what occured while you were vacationing.  I personally know first hand how hard it is to lose photos that you will never be able to "re-take". 

I looked through our recorded reports for this issue and I myself was surprised to not find any.  I will gladly send this feedback to our liason between us and Samsung to ensure this valuable process is easy to use and has an appropriate display when in landscape mode.

I look forward to an software update to correct this!

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes