Samsung Intensity III - Alarm failure, Freezing clock glitch, no fix.
apitch
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently bought a Samsung Intensity 3 phone, and I like it for the most part.  But it suffers from at least 2 significant glitches that Samsung/Verizon are apparently uninterested in resolving:

1) The alarm clock is completely unreliable.  It works sometimes, especially when set for short intervals.  But 75% of the time, if I set the alarm at night it will not go off the next morning.  This is not due to my failure to set the options correctly.  I've researched it thoroughly.  The alarm simply fails to go off.  Talk about frustrating.  Besides calling & texting, the alarm function is one of the most crucial functions for my phone.  But I can't even come close to relying on it.  I looked this issue up online and in other threads here, and it has been a known issue for quite some time, yet Samsung denies that it knows about it, and Verizon seems clueless, still selling a faulty phone.  I have already traded my brand new Intensity 3 in for another brand new Intensity 3.  Both had the same issue.  So it's not a fluke.  Wish I would've heard the warnings of other frustrated owners before I chose this phone.  Samsung technical support walked me through a settings reset with no benefit.  I later performed a full factory reset with no benefit.  I even tried switching my phone to military time as someone suggested this might fix the problem.  Nope.  I even tried setting 5 alarms back to back (7:00am, 7:01am, 7:02am...).  Nope.  The time passes right by and nothing happens, even though the alarm is set to "On" and the alarm icon shows on the main screen.  And yes, it is set to "Tone" and I have tried different tones.  Believe me, I've tried plenty of things trying to figure this glitch out.  Samsung said I could mail my phone to them for a week or so if I wanted them to take a look at it.  So 10 days or more without my phone, and probably no benefit?  No thanks.  Guess I'll dig out my 1990's alarm clock.  I asked Samsung why they say they still don't know about this issue when I read mounds of reports online from owners who have been complaining to Samsung for months and months about this... even posts from their Support team (and Verizon's) who say they are working on a resolution.  Yet you call and they act like they've never heard of this problem?

2) The clock freezes.  This seems to happen when the phone is plugged in at night.  A few mornings, I've woken up around 7am, looked at my phone, and the time read "1:30am" until it finally updated a few seconds later.  Hmm... I'm guessing 1:30am is when the phone finished charging, and for some reason it retains that time until the phone is unplugged or otherwise activated.  Quite annoying.  Makes me not want to rely on the clock time either, especially on nights I charge.

And finally, more of a gripe that pales in comparison to the glitches above... the lack of vibration customization is annoying.  The only option is 3 long vibrations.  So, if you want only vibration for text messages, it will vibrate 3 times per message.  This is especially annoying for people who keep their phone on vibrate a lot, because it is hard to distinguish between a call or a text (you don't know until the fourth vibration that it is a call and not just a text, which often results in digging the phone out of your pocket in a rush.  I've asked Samsung about this.  Their response?  "Sorry!  No fix!"  At least they were honest.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Intensity III - Alarm failure, Freezing clock glitch, no fix.
Bruce468
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem with my Samsung Intensity III alarm, new phone July 14, 2013. Intermittent operation and I can't depend on it working. I have been trying to establish a pattern but it is very random. I have reset the phone which seems to be the common response from support even though it is a systemic problem. I have ordered a new phone and if I still have the problem I will switch to another brand phone.

Has anyone heard about a software patch yet... Verizon stated they were unaware of this problem.....

0 Likes
celery100

I've had the same problem. I also checked EVERY setting on each of my alarms, including switching between Daily and Once and between different ringtones.  Other problems included delayed alarms when they DO work, and the alarm going on snooze when I clearly selected "Off."

I also receive the same text message several times and it's not a glitch on the side of the sender because it has happened various times already.

0 Likes
FunkHouse9
Enthusiast - Level 1

Duplicate post - please see:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1086630#1086630

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes