Re: Samsung Intensity III Alarm Issues
HerrSticks
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm on my SECOND intensity.

The first one had a muffled microphone and the alarms would not go off if they were set in the PM for an AM time.

I'm now on my second Intensity

The microphone works better.  People can hear me better.  The alarms on the new phone only work half the time

i paid 150 dollars for this piece of junk?

I'm going to Verizon tmrw to get my money back.

0 Likes
HerrSticks
Enthusiast - Level 2

It would seem that if you:

Set an alarm in the AM hour for an AM time the alarm functions.
Set an alarm for PM while in AM, varying outcomes.  Most commonly would not function.
Set an alarm for the AM while in PM.  Almost never functions, had the least occurrence of alarms.

It appears the phone just cannot handle AM/PM switches.

Of the nearly 4 dozen alarms i set i alternated setting them to a "Daily" or "once" occurrence, so all my alarms were set to one and the other.  This setting did not seem to make any difference.

sarah97302

I have the same issue with my phone. Alarm will never go off if set in PM for AM.

0 Likes
HerrSticks
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have found a "work-around" to get your alarms to work properly

Set a few alarms, I set 4.  Set them all to daily.

Now when you need to use your alarm, just go to the details for one of the alarms and change the times, and turn it on.

DO NOT DELETE THE ALARM EVER.  DO NOT CREATE NEW ONES.

Basically you are reverting the alarm functions to that of an Intensity 1 (my old phone). You are limiting yourself to 3-4 alarms, and you cannot delete them.

Creating an alarm at night(pm) for the next morning(am) is asking for it to not go off.  Actually 10% of the time it will go off.  In my experience changing the time on already made DAILY alarm works everytime.

I have not tried any settings other than "daily".  I think the problem arises when the alarm is created, not when it is set.  Which is why setting times and turning it on, does not seem to cause issues, yet if you CREATE the alarm, and set it, and turn it on, then it will not work if the alarm time is less than 12 hours and there is an AM-PM shift.

WAS THIS PHONE BETA TESTED AT ALL?  I have lost respect for Samsung over this phone...  I never respected Verizon, I'm not surprised they slapped their name on this 150$ piece of shit.

Does your backlight refuse to function at times, until you mess with the settings again?
Do your keys sometimes refuse to scroll through menu's?
Does your "window" sometimes freeze, not recognizing any sort of input, requiring a battery pull to solve?
This is my 2nd intensity 3.  The first one worked even less.

Even more off topic, have you tried to txt while the phone is plugged in?  Could they have put the charger in a more awkward place?

0 Likes
Claritas

N--

Running test of my own on newly acquired phone. Thanks for alerting me. First post--not very attentive to all remarks. No sense of alarm, though. At least not  until 2:15PM EST. --TeAf

0 Likes
dwspears
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've noticed since I got the phone a few weeks ago that the alarm was delayed on a couple occations. I haven't had any issues with it ACTUALLY going off until this morning.

Luckly someone woke me up or I would have missed work. The alarm I have set in my phone is a mon-fri time for 7am. I never turn it off. This morning the alarm did not go off the time it was suppose to. When I was woken up I grabbed the phone and as soon as I hit the center button to 'wake it up/unlock it', the alarm went off.

Anyone know anything about this? Or know if it's a known issue they are working on? Should I just take the phone back? I wanted the Cosmos II but they were out so I was stuck paying 50 bucks at my renewal when my original Cosmos died three weeks back. Smiley Sad I don't want this to become an issue and rather get it replaced now than to wait if this isn't going to be fixed or fixable.

SammyT

I've been trying to reproduce this alarm issue but I just can't.  I have tried setting multiple alarms in the AM and PM.  After you set the alarm, is the small alarm icon missing on the home screen?  If it is there, does the icon just disappear from the home screen after the designated alarm time without the alarm going off?  If anyone else is seeing this issue, can you please email me on what you do to reproduce it?  Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello dwspears,
I understand how vital the alarm function is! If you are still experiencing opportunities please DM me your name and mobile number so I may further assist.  Thank you!

Tominque B.
Please follow us Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
serena713
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I am also experiencing problems with the alarm on my Intensity 3.  I plug it in at night to charge, and have a weekdays alarm set for 5:45am.  The alarm doesn't go off in the morning. When I look at the phone and click out of the "charge complete unplug from power source.." screen, I notice that the clock towards the bottom of the screen is frozen.. it said the time was 2:47am, but it was after 5:45am... It seems like whenever the phone completes it's charge, the screen freezes, which makes the alarm not work.

C_Sisson
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had my Intensity III for about 3 weeks now and the alarm has been set every day since.  It has not gone off once.  I miss my original Intensity I.  I guess they plan to push us all to smartphones and their rediculous monthly fees by making the basic phones more and more crappy.