Samsung Intensity II
LFVH

Can you disable the one button hold to unlock keypad on the Samsung intensity II phone? I keep it in my pants pocket and if I lean on something it will automatically unlock.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Intensity II
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello LFVH

I can help with your locking question today. You can change the locking feature to a 2 button unlock. This will help prevent you from making those pesky pocket dials. To change the unlock feature:

Unlock Options
From the main screen, press Menu.
Scroll to Settings & Tools, press OK
Scroll to Keyguard Settings, press OK
Scroll to Unlock Options, press OK
Select Press Once or Press Twice, press Set.

Thank you

JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
LFVH

Joe L, I have tried that many times but my phone (Samsung intensity II) will still unlock the keypad by pressing and holding the 0 key. With your method it will set it to unlock with the 2 key sequence but if I cannot disable the pressing and holding the 0 key to unlock I will still do the pocket dial.

0 Likes
ksickles

My Intensity unlocks when either of the soft keys on the left side of the screen are pressed. How do I stop this from happening?  I can not put this phone in my pocket because of this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ksickles,

Did you try changing the unlock settings on your device?

Unlock Options
Scroll to Settings & Tools, press OK
Scroll to Keyguard Settings, press OK
Scroll to Unlock Options, press OK
Select Press Once or Press Twice, press Set.

You can also try changing the settings on the phone to keep unlocked for a minute and then change back to lock. This may help.

Lock Setting
Scroll to Settings & Tools, press OK.
Scroll to Phone Settings, press OK.
Scroll to Security, press OK.
Enter Lock Code ???? displays, enter the 4 digit lock code ( default: last 4 digits of phone number ).
Scroll to Phone Lock Setting, press OK.
Choose Unlock or On Power Up, press OK.

Post back if you are still unable to keep the phone locked and I'll be more than happy to further assist you.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
champ157

Pocket dialing with the Intensity II is a popular topic because you CAN'T turn off the 0 key unlock.  The Samsung manual even says "Tip: You can always lock or unlock the keypad manually by pressing and holding  0key.gif" .One wonders why they even bother with a two key unlock option.  It's like triple locking the front door of your house while leaving the back door wide open.  I don't know if using the security code method would override the 0 key because that method would be just as convenient as putting the phone in a steel box. At this point since the problem has been known, and sidestepped, for years judging by the posts the odds of any fix would seem to be slim.  What would be nice is if Verizon would just straight out acknowledge the problem (put a link on the phone support page?) instead of telling users to ignore the man behind the curtain. Bad news honestly told is much more acceptable than having to dig it out. Nobody expects perfection, just the ability see a problem and hopefully fix it.

0 Likes
kbird8

There is no way to LOCK this phone (Samsung Intensity III) so that it STAYS locked at all times. There is the keyguard one key or 2 key lock option and the LOCK on reboot.............I want a phone that will stay locked at all times unless I key in a password!!!

0 Likes
kbird8

Can anyone suggest available phone that keyguard will lock with a password?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kbird8,

I understand wanting to have the advanced security in regards to your keyguard settings. I am sorry but we do not currently have a feature phone that provides the option for a password to unlock the keyguard.  Check out some of our smartphones http://vz.to/1jpzZDY They can provide you with the advanced security you are looking for.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes