Samsung Intensity II ringtone?
sands856

I cannot get any new ringtones onto my new Intensity II. I have tried uploading from my pc, from an SD card, and even tried getting them off of Phonezoo. But it either doesn't show any songs, or when I get a message it tells me that "the delivery failed." What can I do to try and fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Intensity II ringtone?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
If phonezoo is not able to send the message to your phone, picture messaging might be blocked....check to see if that is the case. The ringtones are delivered to your phone as a picture message; from there you save it as a ringtone.
0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Sync Music

Use Sync Music to transfer music between your phone and PC.

1. From the Home screen, press the Center Select Key to select MENU, Media Center,  Music & Tones, Sync Music.

2. Use the Directional Key to highlight an option, then press the Center Select Key OK:

• Sync Music to Phone: Transfer music to the phone’s internal memory.

• Sync Music to Card: Transfer music to an optional installed memory card.

3. Plug a USB cable into your phone and connect it to a USB port on your PC.

4. At the prompt on the PC, select a sync method:

• Open device to view files using Windows Explorer: Drag and drop files from the PC to your phone’s memory.

• Sync digital media files using Windows Media Player: Use Windows Media Player on the PC to manage your phone’s music.

• Manage the device using Rhapsody: For more information, see “V CAST Music with Rhapsody” on page 96.

5. Transfer music files to your phone .

6. When finished, press the Center Select Key DISCONNECT.  At the prompt “Disconnect?”, highlight Yes, then press the Center Select Key OK. After disconnecting, you can unplug the USB cable.

Page 82,83 User Manual

ellensatter

OK, I followed Noah's procedure, and the ringtones, which are mp3s are loaded into my music.  How do I get them into my ringtones?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Ringtones for the Intensity need to be sent as a text/picture message, and saved from the message as a ringtone. The mp3 file has to be 30 seconds or less, and I have found phonezoo to work very well in formatting and creating ringtones of the proper length and file size.

Good luck, and post back if you have more questions.

0 Likes
Ohboy-Texas

I was able to convert ringtones to amr format and the phone recognizes them, both as ringtones and sounds.  One problem is volume.  When I'm in "my ringtones" and play them, they play just like the other ringtones.  But when I use them, they are VERY quiet.  I have the volume at HIGH and can barely hear the amr files.  Any idea how to fix?  I tried sending them to my phone in a text message but it won't let me save them.  I tried MP3, MID, and a few others and get "ERROR" when I try to save.  If I send them in AMR format when I click options on the message, my phone reboots.  Only way to get them on the phone is to copy to an SD card.  Which is ok, but need to find out why the volume reduces when I use them as ringtones.  HELP!

0 Likes
twiist
Enthusiast - Level 1

What can you do if after connecting your Intensity II to your computer (via the USB cable that came with the phone) and the phone/computer do not recognize each other? It just changes to the picture of the phone and computer when I click on Sync Music, but no syncing happens.

THANKS!

0 Likes
b-dub-235380

and sending via multimedia message greatly reduces the quality... sounds horrible... if i send a 128kb/s MP3 it is received as a 13kb/s QCELP file????

0 Likes
stickyflags
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been able to send ringtones to my phone by  attaching a 30 second .mp3 to an email and sending it to myphonenumber@vzwpix.com, but the quality reduction is terrible. What's strange about this is that I had done the same thing before and got perfect sound replication; the ringtones I put on my phone a while ago (maybe 9 months to a year) all sound great, while the ones I sent this week are awful. I'd really like to be able to have nice sounding ringtones again, but I don't know what to do to fix it.

A few problems I'd had last time were that I was saving the mp3's as low-quality versions in my sound editing program, but I've checked and double-checked everything to make sure I'm emailing high-quality mp3's that are still 30 seconds long. If there's some other way to get good quality ringtones, I'd love to hear it.