Samsung Intensity II: Alarm does not go off sometimes
CthulhusIntern

I use my cell phone as my alarm clock, and it works most of the time. The problem is, sometimes the alarm does not go off for seemingly no reason. It has done this three times so far. After the second time, I even set five alarms at one-minute intervals to each other for backup. This morning, none of them went off. One even set itself to 6 PM instead of AM.

I have checked this forum for answers, and the one answer that I seem to have consistently gotten is to check if the tone is "Light Only," and I did, it's always been set to Tone.

How can I prevent this from happening, and how do I test it to see if it works? I have missed my first class three times because of this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Intensity II: Alarm does not go off sometimes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello,

I certainly don't want you to miss any more classes!  Have you tried removing all alarms and re-adding an alarm(s) to test?  If so, I suggest completing a factory reset to assist.  Please back up first and complete the reset by following the visuals here http://bit.ly/PUilah .  Please test and advise if successful.  Thank you!

TominqueBo_VZW

0 Likes
CthulhusIntern

I did the first thing. It worked for a few weeks again, then didn't go off again. Before I do that reset, I want an actual method of testing this. The only way I have of testing this right now is just continuing to keep the alarms on and hope that it works until it doesn't.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know exactly how you feel CthulhusIntern! I use my phone's alarm for every thing and I know how important it is. There is no way to test alarm issues and doing a master reset is the only step that will resolve any system issues that are causing your phone's alarm to malfunction. Give it a try and keep us posted. ^AC

0 Likes