Samsung Gusto 2 - need help transferring to/from PC via Bluetooth
mlsmls

I am new to Bluetooth so please bear with me if this is a really stupid question!   I've done a search on this site and also on Google but didn't find answers.  If anybody can link me to a site that has detailed instructions, that would be great.

I have gotten the phone and PC (windows 7) to connect but I can't figure out how to send contact info or a photo between them.

From the phone - I have figured out how to mark either a photo or a contact.

Once I've marked the picture or contact and press "done", it takes me to a Choose Device screen.  I see my computer listed.  If I select the computer and press OK, it says "user HP is connected.  Disconnect?"  I don't see anyplace to tell it to go ahead and send.

I'm don't even know how to get started on sending something from the computer to the phone.

10-02 UPDATE:  I figured out how to send a photo from the PC to the phone.

I still can't figure out how to send anything from the phone to the PC.   I'm looking for a way to back up my contacts to the P.X.  I don't have a data plan so I can't use Backup Assistant.  

When I bought this phone I had to enter all my contacts manually because my previous phone was so old things couldn't be transferred.  Fortunately I only have about a dozen contacts, but I'd still like to be able to back them up.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Gusto 2 - need help transferring to/from PC via Bluetooth
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi mlsmls,

I know how important it is to get your pictures backed up. I researched the details as this isn't something we have details for and found that the Samsung site might offer the best assistance http://bit.ly/TNC8iO. You can have Backup Assistant on your phone without a data plan. The first time download will reflect to have a charge but since it's a free service, it will be credited automatically on your bill. The functionality of the service every month doesn't impact your monthly usage. Let us know if this resolves your trouble.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mlsmls

Thanks.  I did try Samsung's customer support email but I haven't had a response.

I would be willint to pay the one-time charge to download Backup Assistant, but when I tried, it said "Backup Assistant cannot connect to the data network".  I assumed this was because I do not have a data plan (I am still on the old National Prepay plan).

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi mlsmls,

Have you heard back from Samsung already? If you haven't I would strongly suggest you call them as I'm unsure of their email turnaround time.

The error "Backup Assistant cannot connect to the data network" may also occur if you have data blocked on your line. Go to My Verizon on www.vzw.com and sign in to your account to review features. On the top highlight "My Verizon" and under "My Plans & Services" click "Manage Verizon Safeguards" and remove the "Service Blocks" for data. This will allow you to get Backup Assistant at no cost.

Thank you,

MariaC_VZW

0 Likes
mlsmls

When I click on "my plan" I don't see "Manage Verizon Safeguards".  The only options I see for turning off/on any blocks are for "Caller ID Block" and "Text, Picture and Video Messaging Block".

I originally had a Walmart Simple Freedom plan which was taken over by Verizon several years ago.  So maybe my plan is some special kind that does not have a data option?

If I don't hear back from Samsung soon I guess I will call them.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You don't want to click on "My Plan."  When you login to your account start by hovering over "My Verizon." You will see different headings appear with different options to click on. Locate and click the option for "Manage Verizon Safeguards" under the "My Plans& Services" heading. In that option of "Manage Verizon Safeguards" you will have the option to remove the data block.

If the trouble continues, please follow and direct message me (MariaC_VZW) your contact information so I can reach out to you.

Thank you,

MariaC_VZW

0 Likes
mlsmls

When I log in and hover over "My Verizon", under "My Plans and Services", I do not see "Manage Verizon Safeguards". 

I see these two options: 

Change Minutes, Text or Data  When I click on this, I get the options I posted last night.

Change Features  When I click on this, I get options about text and picture messaging; nothing about data.

I guess this is because I have an old plan that never had a data option.  (Until I got the Gusto 2 a couple weeks ago, I was using the Nokia 5185i that came with my original Simple Freedom plan)

0 Likes