Samsung Gusto 2 Won't Hold Charge
Snooter

I added this phone to my family plan for my elderly mother.  The phone has been a pain in the neck since it was initially delivered.  It simply will not hold a charge.  It's been to a Verizon Wireless store twice but the problem has not been solved. The phone is a re-manufactured item that my mother depends on, and it is very stressful for her and for me to have this ongoing problem.  I think the phone is a piece of junk.

I will not ever buy another Samsung phone!  I use a Samsung Droid Charge.  I have never been happy with it.  It freezes up frequently.  On occasion it does not ring for an incoming call.  It eats the extended life battery like it's candy.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Gusto 2 Won't Hold Charge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Snooter - No phone should ever cause that level of discomfort, especially one that has one very important job: keeping your family connected with your mother! There could be an issue with the phone itself, or the battery. The key part is making sure she has a reliable phone in her hands.

Have we replaced either one for you recently? If not, we'd like to work with you in figuring out what the culprit is! Let us know!

Thank you Snooter.

NicandroN_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Snooter

The phone has been replaced.  The battery has not been replaced.  The last time it was at a Verizon store they did not have a new battery and they "gave" us a used battery.

I'd love to have a new battery shipped to my mother.  How can I get that done?

Thank you.

Snooter

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Snooter,

Thanks for the additional information! We can certainly look into replacing your battery or conducting some additional troubleshooting. For further assistance please follow and then DM us your name and mobile number. I look forward to hearing back from you and to working together to resolve all of your device concerns!

Thank you,

Georgep_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes