Samsung Brightside
Dee0615

My phone "pocket dials" even when off it turns on.  Probably hits the power button.  I've tried putting a password so it won't dial but last night it did it again!

My family does not appreciate getting calls at 3AM!  (I work nights). 

Any help is appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Brightside
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Dee0615,

The password being implemented should resolve this trouble with pocket dialing. The phone screen is unable to unlock itself with a password and calls should not be allowed. Can you verify this is still happening with that password being required by the phone? Follow me (MariaC_VZW) and send me a direct message with the details.

Thank you

MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Dee0615

Yes, it still dials out even with the password.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Dee0615,

Sorry to hear that your phone is still dialing out while in your pocket. To further assist you please follow me (NidiaA_VZW) and then DM me with your contact information so I can speak to you directly.

Thanks,

NidiaA_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Dee0615

I am trying to follow you (NidiA.VZW) I must be doing something wrong. Yes, the phone still dials out even with the password lock.

0 Likes
Dee0615

It is still pocket dialing!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Dee0615!

I am so sorry you're still experiencing this issue.  I dug really deep and I think I may have found a work around. 

It seems that the phone doesn't automatically lock, even with a password. To help ensure your don't pocket dial in the wee hours of the morning I would recommend these steps:

Settings> Phone Settings> Security> Lock Phone Now, OR Powering the phone off and back on

This will ensure that the phone is completely locked.  Now, I understand this is a bit of extra work to avoid pocket dialing and we are working with Samsung to create a "Quick Lock" function available!

Keep me posted.

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Dee0615

I have done that and it powers on and still dials.

0 Likes