Samsung Brightside Will Not Connect to Receive Multimedia Messages - "Message Receipt Failed"
TBirdJr68

For the past few months, my Brightside will intermittently receive group messages and picture messages. This was never an issue until recently. The phone will now display that I have a message, and when I select to download, it times out with the "Message Receipt Failed" screen. I have not moved, data usage and memory are perfectly fine.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Brightside Will Not Connect to Receive Multimedia Messages - "Message Receipt Failed"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Here I am to save the day TBirdJr68! Let's get your multimedia messages (mms) working. May I ask are you able to text without any issues? Also, do you have any data blocks on this mobile number? If not then I would suggest making more device memory available by deleting long threaded text messages, reboot, and retest. Once you have done so, please keep us posted so we can continue to help.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Brightside Will Not Connect to Receive Multimedia Messages - "Message Receipt Failed"
TBirdJr68

I Haven't had any issues at all with sending texts or receiving the regular text messages. I've deleted some longer threads and rebooted, so I'll get someone to test this now. Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TBirdJr68,

We definitely want this to work! Please keep us posted with any other questions/concerns you may have.

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TBirdJr68

Since rebooting, this has happened less frequently; however, I am still receive the "Message Receipt Failed" message intermittently, even on files as small as 0.4 KB.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Got it. Appreciate all you have done. Just in case, if you have backed everything up, have you tried a factory reset? This may help clear out the cause of the issue.

To do so, please follow these steps once all is saved: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-54099/

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes