Re: Samsung Brightside Freezing/Restarting When Using T9
vbmike

Same problem here.  The T9 worked fine when I first got the phone but starting today it freezes every time.  I don't understand why everyones phone work initially but they starts freezing after a few weeks.  Definitely a firmware problem though that needs fixed ASAP!

0 Likes
elliekettinger

Having the exact same problem, started after about 24 hours of use.  Talked to a Verizon associate about 3 weeks ago, he said they'd most likely be sending out a software update but I've still got nothing.  So unbelievably frustrating.

0 Likes
elliekettinger

Admittedly I know nothing about software, but... I really feel like Verizon has got to fix this ASAP or they'll be losing a lot of customers.  I love Verizon and I love the Brightside but I won't waste my money on a phone that doesn't work.

0 Likes
vbmike

I'm wondering if they will let us know when the firmware is available or do we have to keep calling back to check.  The last verizon phone I had was a samsung and it used to power itself off all the time.  I would never know if it was on or off and kept missing calls.  They had to replace it 3 times before the problem went away.  I said I would never get a samsung verizon phone again and foolishly I did only because it seemed to be the best basic phone they had to offer and that's not saying too much.  Now after two weeks I'm already having problems.  It's like Deja vu.

0 Likes
Diesel2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear Verizon,

I am VERY upset with the amount of money I completely WASTED on this phone. The very first day I bought the phone the T9 keyboard broke. I thought I just had bad luck, and took it back and got the phone replaced. The very next day on this "new" phone, the same exact problem occurred. On my third try, I was told that there was a malfunction with the phone and that I would be sent a new software update soon. That was over a month ago! I am extremely frustrated and disgusted with the amount of money I spent on a phone that doesn't even work. I asked for a new phone and I was told that my warranty was already up, but the phone that I wasted over $150 on never worked from day one! This problem needs to get taken care of ASAP or Verizon will lose multiple customers!

MikeT007
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi  Diesel2,

Not sure what is going on with Verizon with this issue.  They certainly are "not" communicating with us on this message center  that is for sure!  I think this whole situation has gone way too far for Verizon to take such a lackadaisical attitude toward resolving this issue.  I am really upset with them.

0 Likes
strikerjosh

I am having the same issue. chatting with samsung now, and they have no known reported issues of this type with this phone. If not fixed tomorrow i will be requesting a different phone from you guys.

0 Likes
myandroidlife
Enthusiast - Level 2

hello, MonteMikeSS

I am sorry to bother. but I am just wondering to know whether Verizon or Samsung launched the solutions for this brightside t9 issue or not.  there should be a software update. but no any release date info available yet. anyone here? kindly please help.

0 Likes
ksullivan1716

HELLO VERIZON CUSTOMER SERVICE. WE ARE THE CUSTOMERS. THOSE WHO YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE LISTENING TO AND HELPING. HAVE YOU SEEN ALL OF THESE POSTS. MY BRIGHTSIDE IS DOING THE EXACT SAME THING AS ALL THESE OTHERS. TRYING TO USE T9 CRASHES THE PHONE. IN THE EYES OF US, THE CUSTOMER, THIS IS A POOR PRODUCT. WE WANT ANSWERS AND WE WANT A FIX. DON'T IGNORE US CAUSE YOU ARE AFRAID OF LOSING MONEY AND DON'T PLEAD IGNORANCE TO SAVE FACE. WE TRUSTED YOUR SALESPEOPLE AND COMPANY TO GIVE US A QUALITY PRODUCT, AND YOU CONTINUE VIOLATING THAT TRUST BY IGNORING US WHEN WE SAY THERE IS A PROBLEM. WE AREN'T IDIOTS WHO DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ELECTRONICS. IT DOESN'T TAKE A ROCKET SCIENTIST TO REALIZE THAT WHEN I PUSH TWO BUTTONS WHILE USING T9 AND THE PHONE FREEZES AND SHUTS OFF THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM. SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIND A SOLUTION TO THIS ISSUE.

0 Likes
ebskiller

I am also experiencing this problem. Any idea when Verizon will release the patch? I like the phone its just annoying that it always does that

0 Likes