Re: Samsung Brightside - Family Locator
MistyBalinsat
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi CACoastal,

Again, apologies for the confusion surrounding Family Locator and the Brightside.  The Family Locator software should be available to download this coming Wednesday under Tools and Applications.  With the software downloaded and activated, your Brightside will be able to fully work with Family Locator and enable the more refined locations as well as being able to set up those fabulous text alerts that let you know when family members are on the move!

🙂

Misty

0 Likes
CACoastal
Enthusiast - Level 2

MistyBalinsat,

Great, I have had several ongoing discussions with VerizonWireless about this issue.  Once it got to a higher level department, VW has been much more responsive and reasonable - it is a shame senior management has not "pushed down" the decision making authority to frontline workers, as it would have made the experience much better overall.

While I am happy to hear that the FL Software will be available for download on Wed, I am curious as to how you know this?  When I spoke with Verizon, and mentioned your earlier post saying it would be available, they responded that "community members" can say whatever they want, but that it did not come from Verizon.

The higher level Verizon representative was also finally able to find an online guide to which phones could use Family Locator. The URL is https://products.verizonwireless.com/index.aspx?id=fnd_familylocator

Thank you for you interest and information, and letting me know that the Brightside will have the software soon.  Obviously, the brightside is an ideal young teenager phone due to the fact that it does not require a data plan, but has full texting and touch screen abilities.

0 Likes
CACoastal
Enthusiast - Level 2

otter69,

Totally agree with you.  With the cost to acquire customers being so high, it made no sense to me that they would treat a customer who has multiple lines in service since the 90's in such a manner over $35 for their incorrect advice.

What has made it more difficult, is that my son loves the phone, and really did not want to give it up, especially over the Family Locator issue, as he is not a big fan of that program anyway.

Cheers,

CACoastal

0 Likes
MistyBalinsat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been the product manager for Family Locator for the last year, but since I've not been through the community forum training I'm not supposed to identify myself as a VZW employee when I comment.  However, I try to monitor the forums and answer questions when and where I can.  You can always send me a private message.

Thanks!

Misty

0 Likes
smhtuttle

Misty,

Is the Family Locator software still scheduled to be released today for the Samsung Brightside?  If so, what time will it be released and what steps do we need to take to dowload it?  (i.e. do we need to turn the phone off and on, where to access the download (Media or Apps), etc.). 

Thanks for all your help. 

0 Likes
MistyBalinsat
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi smhtuttle!

I checked and was informed there is a slight delay in the apps posting this week.  It should be released late Thursday/early Friday morning.  You should be able to access the app via: Media Center > Apps > Shop Apps> Tools and Applications > Travel and Location.  I don't believe you need to turn the phone off and on, but that can never hurt!  Most phones need a good battery pull and reboot every couple of weeks, like so many other electronics 🙂

Thanks!

Misty

0 Likes
CACoastal
Enthusiast - Level 2

Misty,

You worked your magic, and I was able to get Family Locator working.

Thank you for jumping in, even though it was "unauthorized" . If one of your bosses gives you a hard time, tell them you were able to keep a customer who has spent over $30,000 with VZW from moving all his business over to Sprint.

Family Locator works great on the Samsung Brightside now.

0 Likes
MistyBalinsat
Enthusiast - Level 2

Excellent!  I was out on vacation for a week so I was happy to come back to my inbox and see this message.  Thanks for hanging in there with Family Locator!

0 Likes