Receiving Blank Multimedia messages from "Directory Assistance"?
MMatejka

So I have a Samsung Intensity III and yesterday my phone randomly turned off and restarted. When it did, it deleted all of my current group messages (multimedia messages) and when I received another group message it appeared from "Directory Assistance" and was blank. Now when I go into my inbox, there are 2 messages that are completely blank (multimedia receipts) and when I click on them I have to reboot the phone to get out of the message (I guess it just freezes on it). Now I have also been receiving the receipts in my group message (the contact names show up in the inbox) but when I click on them they just load a blank message and if I try to reply, my phone freezes and I have to turn it off.

I've taken out the battery, my memory is nowhere near full, and I'm at my wits end with Verizon's customer service. Not to mention I have no plan restricting the amount of multimedia I send/receive.

What is going on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Receiving Blank Multimedia messages from "Directory Assistance"?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear MMatejka,

Good morning. I am so sorry to hear your phone is randomly turning off. I understand how frustrating that can be. I appreciate you trying to remove the battery and checking the memory on the phone. Do you currently have any free applications from the Media Center that you recently downloaded? If so, please try removing them and see how the device works.

When you receive the group messages, are they coming from a smartphone device? Can you also check the software on your phone by pressing the center of the 5-way navigation pad and choose menu>select settings&tools>select phone info>select SW/HW version>S/W version.

Once you have verified the software verison and have removed any free applications from the phone. Please keep us updated if you are still having issues with the phone resetting and threads coming up blank. We will be more than happy to assist you in further troubleshooting.

MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes