Problems with Samsung Intensity II
shiraax

I have had at least four replacements for my Intensity II within 2 years.  It all started with the phone turning itself off.  Now not only does it turn itself off, it has deleted my speed dial contacts, changed my wallpaper, and put my SD Card (which has always been in my phone) pictures onto my phone's memory, and took the pictures that came with my phone and put them on the SD Card, all on its own.  Whenever I try to update the software, it tells me the software is up to date, which seems odd since it's been a year, and the phone is still able to be bought in store.  I charge my battery at night and it used to be able to make it through two days without needing a charge.  Now, when I leave for work it will have a full charge, and by the time I come home, I have one bar or it's beeping at me to connect it to a charger. I do not use my phone much at all during the day.

Has anyone else had/have these problems?  If so, how did you resolve the problem?  Buying a new phone seems to be out of the question since they all seem to have lousy ratings on here.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problems with Samsung Intensity II
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shiraax, having a reliable working phone at all times is very important. I would be just as upset as you if I were experiencing all these issues. But don’t worry because I’m here to help get this resolved once and for all!

I’ve research this and did not find it to be a known issue with the Samsung Intensity II. You mentioned your phone has been replaced a few times in the past 2 years. Have you ever had the battery replaced? How long have you had the battery you’re using? The decrease in battery life is normal with an older battery. If you have the extended warranty we may be able to replace the battery at no cost.

What software version are you running on the phone? The most current version is u460. EF08.  If you have the current software I would recommend a master reset http://bit.ly/wnz3er since you’re experiencing so many different issues. This will reset the phone back to manufacture settings and erase all data on the phone. Make sure you save your picture to the memory card so they are not lost. Use Backup Assistant to backup your contacts http://bit.ly/nmBDA9.

If you continue to experience these issues after the hard reset please post back for further troubleshooting. We may need to replace the phone if still under the warranty.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
shiraax

Hi John,

I do have the most current version.  Verizon never mentioned that it could be the battery causing the problems, and never offered to have the battery replaced.  I would like to have the battery replaced.  Can this be done the same way as getting a replacement phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey shiraax!

Yes, you can absolutely get your battery replaced the same way that you would get a phone replaced. If it is under warranty, then it's very simple. You can call into our customer service (*611 or 800-922-0204), or visit one of our stores. I would be more than happy to take care of you via forums here and save you a trip/call if you wish! You can e-mail me vzwsupport@verizonwireless.com, attention Michelle G and I can further assist. We can see if you are covered under warranty and see if your battery is able to be replaced. The choice is up to you, but we absolutely want you to have the best device possible!

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Tuttle757

Shiraax,

I had the same problem with my phone not holding a charge. I had it replaced at least 4 times. Each time it behaved well at first them suddenly it wouldn't hold a charge for a day.

I finally found a post on a forum somewhere suggesting that the problem was the SD card. Once I thought about it I recalled the problem started after I bought my SD card and each time I had the phone replaced it started back up after I put the card back in the phone.

Now when it starts draining quickly I remove and reinsert the SD card and I'm fine for a while. Give this a try and see if it doesn't solve your problem as it did mine.

0 Likes
Brecht2006

My speaker has gone out. No one can hear me. It happened over night. I got a new phone. Now it blocks any phone number it wants at anytime of the day or night. But no problem like that.

0 Likes
1985dodgeram

my screen is broken and i didnt do a thing to it

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear that about your phone, 1985doderam! Where was the phone at when you noticed the cracked screen? Do you have insurance or the Total Equipment Coverage?

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes