Re: PC does not recognize LG cosmos phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

stuehlerd - Let's see if we can get your phone and PC communicating together! To confirm, I would like to clarify if your phone has a MicroSD card inserted for additional storage. In order for your PC to recognize your phone as a storage device, it definitely needs to have a MicroSD card inserted. The SD card is what your PC is actually going to open in order to view its saved content, not your phones internal flash memory.

The next important step is once you have your phone connected to your PC with the usb cable, from your LG Cosmos, please go to your Main Menu > Settings & Tools > Choose Tools > And look for the option called USB Mass Storage. (should be all the way down in the bottom!)

Once you choose this option, your PC should beep again, and it should register your phone as a portable hard drive. (may be called Removable Drive E:,F: etc. )

Just open the folder, and your contents should now be viewable!

Let us know if this helps out, stuehlerd! Thank you, and everyone that has provided tips in this thread as well.

- NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
stuehlerd

NicandroN_VZW. Thank you very much—you have solved the problem. I did not have a MicroSD card installed—didn’t even know they existed. I have ordered one and I am sure it will work as you describe when I get it and plug it in. Thanks again.

>> Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stuehlerd,

Glad Nicandro was able to get to the bottom of your issue and provide you a great resolution to transfer files from your device to your PC! Thanks again for being the best of Verizon Wireless and let us know if you have any further questions!

-PeterV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BeckyB79

I am having the -exact- same problem and I have a Cosmos 3.  I have tried -everything- I can find online and on the Verizon site and nothing is working.  When I bought this phone it said it had a camera -- I consider it "false advertising" if it isn't possible to retrieve photos.  This is a major issue because I, and likely many other users, have used our phones to document things that we expected to have a retrievable copy of.  Please let me know how to solve this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Never fear, help is here BeckyB79! I can confirm that your device does indeed have a camera. However, I would unfortunately be unable to advise if this device is compatible with your computer. A majority of devices will always sync with a computer. However, if you have antivirus spyware or spam controls some devices will not sync properly. When you plug your device into your computer do you receive any notification on either the screen of your phone of the screen of your computer? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
crazymom5

I don't know if this will help you but it works for me.  I, too, have a Verizon Cosmos 3 and what I do is send my photos to Facebook then save them from Facebook to my computer.  My reason for doing that is I can't find my USB cable since my 20 yr. old is always borrowing stuff and never returning it.  If I ever locate it then I can try this whole "syncing" stuff.  Until then, unless I need it for business purposes, this is my workaround.  Be blessed!

(removed), Verizon customer since September 2014

>>Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service<<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes