PC does not recognize LG cosmos phone
stuehlerd

I am trying to download pictures from my LG Cosmos phone to my PC running Windows 7. When I first connected the USB cable, the PC downloaded and installed a serial Port, a Modem, and a Composite USB device drivers. They are all visible in the Device Manager. But the phone does not show up in the PC Explorer window. What am I missing? How can I take the pictures off the phone?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: PC does not recognize LG cosmos phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@stuehlerd

I want to ensure you're able to successfully transfer your memorable pictures to your computer!

Please confirm which LG Cosmos phone you have (LG Cosmos, LG Cosmos 2 or 3, or the LG Cosmos Touch)?  I want to provide you the exact instructions for your specific device.  You can also visit our Support page here: http://vz.to/1gI05Cp and type in Transfer Media (your model device) in the "Search" field.  Keep me posted.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
stuehlerd

Anthony,

My model is the LG Cosmos – not the 2 or 3 or touch. I was only able to find info on these last three, not my Cosmos.

Thank you

Email info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details stuehlerd. Here is more information on how to transfer pictures to your PC.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
stuehlerd

Dear Vanessa@VZW support,

thank you for your reply, but although you say “Here is more information on how to transfer pictures to your PC,” I can find no information in your response.

Email info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@stuehlerd,

I apologize the link with the instructions was not included in our previous reponse.  Please visit http://vz.to/1hueQXh for steps on transferring the pictures from your LG Cosmo to your computer.

Keep me posted if you need further assistance.

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
stuehlerd

JohnB_VZW

Thank you for the link. Unfortunately it does not solve my problem.

When I use the USB cable to connect the LG cosmos phone to my PC, the PC beeps to indicate something has been plugged into the USB port, but in the Explorer window the only item that appears under Computer is Drive C. The phone does not appear so I can not copy the pictures to the PC.

The first time I connected the phone to the USB port, the computer downloaded a driver for it from Microsoft. But the phone has never appeared as a connected device.

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello stuehlerd. I'm sorry the previous link was not helpful. Since your phone has not been able to transfer your pictures using the USB, you can download Backup Assistant Plus to your computer following the steps in this link: http://vz.to/JZPLby Once you have reached step 14, you can click the link listed on the support page, or follow this link directly: http://vz.to/1gSF0p3

AndreaS_VZW

0 Likes
Gizmo501
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had this very same problem with my brightside my only fix was that I had to use the original USB cable that came with the phone not a 3rd party cable.

if you got it from a place that gave you multiple cables use the one that came with the phone and not the extra cables.

0 Likes
stuehlerd

Thank you for your message. Unfortunately I have been using the USB cable that comes with the phone. It still does not work to transfer pictures from the phone to the pc.

>>Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes