Octane--delay in delivering text messages
yenracd
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello!

I have had this problem for some time.  When I send a message to someone who is in the Verizon network (actually it's our family plan members), I have trouble with my message getting delivered.  It will have the date and time stamp on the "sent" portion, but the "delivered" portion won't show up.  It's not that the "delivered" portion just isn't updating, but the message itself  is not sending.  I have tested this with my husband and daughter being present or with us both on another phone (landline) testing this.  It's a random problem.  I first noticed this back in November when my messages were taking up to an hour and a half to be delivered.  I have called Verizon's customer service many times and they have been great helping me try to figure out what the problem is.  They said they were testing the network areas, etc. to see if it was on their end.  After my 5th call last week, they finally switched out my LG Octane in case the phone itself was the problem and replaced it with another LG Octane (certified like new).  I recently got that phone, and, unfortunately, I am still noticing delays of 5 to 7 minutes.  When we were testing this together, I would send maybe three or four messages in a row.  All of a sudden, all the messages would get delivered to the other person at the same time, and then the "delivered" portion on my phone would show the date and time stamp.  With the time stamp, you could see how many minutes the messages were actually delayed.

Just a little background...this does not happen all the time.  Most times my messages will go through.  It's a random occuring problem with no clear reason why it's happening.  But when it does happen, it can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 20 minutes and sometimes an occasional 45 minutes or hour and a half before they deliver.  When this happened, my daughter was waiting for my texts to come through, so I used my husband's LG EV2 to text her, and it went through just fine (she is using an iPhone 4).  It doesn't seem to be happening to anyone else, just me with the LG Octane.  We have all updated our phones (*228) for the roaming, looked for updated software, did resets, I have pulled battery, did hard reset on previous phone, pulled battery while it was happening, etc.  Nothing at all seems to fix this issue.

I did search online a little and saw that other people were having trouble here and there with what seemed like the same issue, but nothing really big to suggest that it's a problem with everyone.

I just don't know what to do next since they swapped my phone for another one and this is still a problem.  Could it something with the software?  Is anyone else having this problem (that you would have noticed?).  I only noticed it because my daughter texted me to ask me a question and when she didn't get my response after a half hour, she called me.  That's when I said that I replied and she should have received the text.  When I looked on my phone that's when I noticed it was marked "sent" but not delivered and it took over an hour and a half to actually be delivered.  It's like it's just hanging somewhere in the delivery in the system.

Any help or advice you could offer would REALLY be appreciated!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Octane--delay in delivering text messages
harpman
Enthusiast - Level 3

i am having a simular problem..when i send a text to a veirizon customer it does not show that it was delivered..i have the reciept setting  on btw..also text sent to me are delayed for hours sometmes..i found out that when i shut my phone off at night it wouldnt reactivate when i turned it back on unless i made a test call..#832.then all of a sudden everything comes through and my checkmarks show up..i'm on my 4th phone..even tried different models....we have 16 verizon phones in the family..mine is the only one having this issue..they now tell me its the network (my number only)..its been 2 months now and i'm on my second trouble ticket marked priority one..still sitting here with basically no service....only thing i can think of as a last resort is closing out my account and getting a new number..techs told me they have seen that work

0 Likes
Jeny

I've been having this same problem since November also. Difference being that texts sent to me are being delayed for ten hours plus. Yesterday was the longest. I had both my children text me at 4:30 and I have yet to receive them as of this post, nearly 24 hours! I am so frustrated and disgusted. Also, yesterday, for the first time, several texts I sent have yet to be delivered. These texts are between family members on the family plan.

Aslo, more recently, one of my children and his father have received messages that their texts to one another are undeliverable. This is NOT an error on their part since they send via their ICE/contact list and those have NOT changed, no blocking, etc.

The phones being used are a Droid Incredible, 2 Samsungs and mine, an LG ENV Touch. I'm so discouraged and frustrated. This is the families main form of communication when away from each other and has caused friction. So not cool. Whatever the problem I hope VERIZON takes care of this problem ASAP!

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Jeny wrote:

I've been having this same problem since November also. Difference being that texts sent to me are being delayed for ten hours plus. Yesterday was the longest. I had both my children text me at 4:30 and I have yet to receive them as of this post, nearly 24 hours! I am so frustrated and disgusted. Also, yesterday, for the first time, several texts I sent have yet to be delivered. These texts are between family members on the family plan.

Aslo, more recently, one of my children and his father have received messages that their texts to one another are undeliverable. This is NOT an error on their part since they send via their ICE/contact list and those have NOT changed, no blocking, etc.

The phones being used are a Droid Incredible, 2 Samsungs and mine, an LG ENV Touch. I'm so discouraged and frustrated. This is the families main form of communication when away from each other and has caused friction. So not cool. Whatever the problem I hope VERIZON takes care of this problem ASAP!

What did Verizon say when you called them?

Jeny

They told me to turn the phone off and back on again. As soon as I did my inbox was flooded with mail that was being stored. Easy enough fix, but it didn't last. Haven't called back yet. The account is in my husband's name so he has to add me as having authorization to do anything, even with my phone, before they will do actual tech support.

0 Likes
gatesmasher

Have you tried to do the program and roaming updates they told us we should do once a month when we get our phones. That seems to help us a lot when the messages or some other issue is going on. All you do is dial star228, thats *228 first hit 1 to program your phone, let it finish and shut down an back up where you hit any key to continue, then again do the *228 and hit 2 to update your roaming capabilities and let it shut down and hit any key to continue. This seems to help us and our issues a lot so we do do it once a monh like they told us and it seems all our friends who say thats poppycock have issue with their phones and not us.  So give it a try to see if it helps your situation. About the undeliverable text messages i have found that if i have the text set up to go to the number as 716-628-0000 it works fine and we all get our messages..but if for any reason i hit the wrong one and dont scroll to the right and it sends it to *82-628-0000 any star82 (*82) in front of the number it does not send. The other day my man called yelling "why do you keep texting me i answered you 5 times already?" I said I never got any of them and as usual he texted me at the *82 and not the 716.. I told him about this many times but he keeps forgetting. Please try these to help you and your phone have a good experience, i would like it if you did and it was helpful.. Thanks for listening..Enjoy your day Jeny!...                           

smile%20Star_jpg.jpg

0 Likes
Not applicable

Jeny, I can certainly understand why this issue would be frustrating. I use text as one of my main means of communication so I want to make sure we get this working for you. I need to review your account to see what has been done and troubleshoot further. Please send me a direct message by hovering over my name and selecting direct message (I will need to follow you first). Include your name and mobile number and if you have the dates and times of any of the messages that were delayed.

Thank you,

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
NancyPearl

I am having the same issue.  All of a sudden, texts to my daughter don't go through.  Calls seem to be fine.  No problem with texting anyone else.  She and I are on the same family plan.  No one is blocked, etc.  I have updated roaming, programming, etc. by calling *228.... 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NancyPearl, I know how important text messaging is especially to your daughter. Staying connected is a priority to us, so let's make sure your messaging is up and running properly this year. When you send a text to your daughter, does it show sent on your device or do you receive an error message? When she sends messages to you, does it show sent or does she receive an error message? I also recommend deleting long/old text threads you don't need on both devices. What device is your daughter using? Also remove any downloads that may be causing your phone issues and clear some of the pictures/videos on your device. Memory is important when sending messages. 

Please let me know if the above information was helpful.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
ShoeMouseKey

KinquanaH_VZW,

I have the same issue. We have a Droid and an Octane. There's a delay in delivering from the Droid to the Octane - no error messages, just a delay. There's also a delay from the Octane to the Droid, this time there are errors on the Octane.

Please investigate / recommend remedial actions.

Thanks,

Ed

0 Likes