Re: New Feature Phones Anytime Soon?
saarial

SuzyQ, Verizon relies on people like you: blind allegiance and inability to read the bold print.  I would be thrilled to switch providers, but as I wrote, Verizon has a MONOPOLY where I live. 

Furthermore, after considerable research at lg.com, nokia.com, samsung.com, and motorola.com, all of these companies offer excellent high-end feature phones that I would purchase, and even renew a 2 year contract with a company I loathe.  But all of these phones function off the GSM networks.  I can't even pay full price for the phone and use it on Verizon.  This is indicative that Verizon knows exactly what their feature phone consumers want, and that is PRECISELY what Verizon is unwilling to give us.  Verizon is forcing everyone to pay for what is not necessary: smartphones.  And they continue to charge feature phone users the same price after more than 10 years of being a customer, and decrease the service they provide.

And people like you, SuzyQ, perpetuate the cycle.

0 Likes
saarial

I'm not sure if this was a response to my post, but if it is, your point is moot.

I do not want a QWERTY keyboard, nor do I want a touch screen.  I also do not want a phone that makes construction workers look sexy.

I want a sleek, effective flip phone like the one I have.  Both LG and Nokia have brilliant models.  But of course, they are only GSM compatible. 

And feature phones that ape smartphones are not the be-all-end-all that all Verizon reps seem to think they are.

0 Likes
Rosa13

What about the amazing, great looking flip phones Verizon use to offer?? Such as the Moto Razr2, LG VX8700 ( SHINE flip ), LG VX8600, these flip phones were great looking  and are a MILLLION times better when it comes to features and looks to any of the flip phones today! pretty bad a 4 year old flip phone looks more modern, and has more features than flip phones offered today!

I bet if Verizon would re-release the LG VX8700 or the Razr 2 they would sell like hot cakes!! :smileywink:

0 Likes
dtquayle

I'm pretty sure it's not a smartphone unless it has it's own OS (iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Symbian, Windows, Palm/HP, etc.; not the Verizon Software)

0 Likes
dtquayle

Verizon's Feature Phones are getting WORSE... :smileymad: ...I have had a Chocolate 3, and an EnV3 before, and I didn't like them that much (except the Chocolate's music features), but I was practically BEGGING for a new phone; there are about 2 features on Verizon that I would prefer to an EnV or a Chocolate...And since when do a bunch of these phones not even record video, the feature phone selection is not only getting outdated, but WORSE...the new phones that replace the old phones werent as good as the old ones anyway...if you want feature phones,(which I dont) get OFF of Verizon

in case u wanna know this is my phone timeline

--------12/09---------02/10---------04/10---------06/10---------08/10---------10/10---------12/10---------02/11---------04/11---------06/11--------

--------------1-----------------------------------------------------------------------2----------------3-----6--------1---------------------------------3-------------5

1=EnV 3 (broke)

2=EnV3 (broke)

3=SGH-u540 (old samsung from my mom) (i accidentally screwed up the software)

4=Samsung Intensity II (threw away by accident)

5=iPhone 4

6=no phone

0 Likes
derbyguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looks like the "feature phones" got a new name....BASIC PHONES.  So looks like any new phones that come out (if any ever do....) will be even more...you guessed it-basic.

0 Likes
olie1997

It's pretty simple and let's face it fellow VZW customers... VZW is indeed pushing to eliminate the feature phones and go to all smartphones in the future.  It's all about money. 

Do me a favor and the next time you go into a VZW store or shop online via their website... notice how few feature phones are on the shelves and how they are advertised online and on TV.  Just take a look at all the smartphones out there.  In my opinion, they are way too expensive with the ridiculous data plan packages that have become "limited" just recently (as of July 7, 2011). 

0 Likes
olie1997

or... visit ebay or craigslist and look for a samsung rogue or lg dare... once considered smartphones that no longer require data packages with VZW... they far surpass any "new" feature phone that VZW offers these days!

0 Likes
August59

The Kin Two and Kin One are the worst phones Verizon has released as far as feature phones go. If another Verizon Rep gets on here please tell them to jump in freaking lake.

They are plastic pieces of cheap crap!

0 Likes
August59

The Kin Two and Kin One are the worst phones Verizon has released as far as feature phones go. If another Verizon Rep gets on here please tell them to jump in freaking lake.

They are plastic pieces of cheap crap!

0 Likes