Re: New Feature Phones Anytime Soon?
nodataplan
Enthusiast - Level 2

The last new feature phone was back in November 2010.  However, the VZW rep will tell you to just keep checking.  Yeah...just keep checking :smileysad:

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

It's actually a pretty smart business plan.

0 Likes
sarahh729

Verizon is NOT releasing new feature phones all the time.  There haven't been new phones in months.  I understand Verizon will release more phones for their more expensive customers (smartphone users), but those of us who cannot afford a monthly data plan (on top of the talk + text plan) deserve choices as well. 

I currently have an LG Dare and I'm sure that if this phone came out today, it'd be considered a smartphone.  This phone surpasses all current Feature phones offered by Verizon in quality.  How can a company not offer any decent phones for those who cannot afford a smartphone?  And how can they lie to customers pretending they don't know what they're doing, which is trying to force everyone to get a smartphone? 

I just wish they'd be honest when we ask if there are any new Feature phones coming out. 

0 Likes
aRBy67
0 Likes
derbyguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yea they're going to release some new ones.  Even with this new storefront I'm guessing they will be very very very basic, and similar to what is available now-not even coming close to a Versa, EnV Touch, etc (basically what was classified as a 3G Multimedia Phone).  Probably will have the good old 1.3 megapixel camera, no video camera, and no 3G capability just like the current models (with a few exceptions).

0 Likes
Doxielvr3

Ready for an upgrade but can't. Why would I want to leave my ENV3 for what feature phones they have? I can take beautiful video's, pictures and text them to anyone I want. Its everything I want in a phone and an "upgrade" is suppose to be for a phone with better features.So I just purchased a new battery for my ENV3 from ebay.

I have no need for a data plan as I work from my home and I have access to a computer all the time. My daughter cannot afford a data plan so she recently purchased a Ipod touch which allows her to access the internet through wi-fi. She has to carry two devices but she said she would rather pay the one time price for the ipod touch than a monthly data plan.

I have always been so happy with Verizon but just might think of going else where but since seeing they may have some new feature phones coming.  I am waiting and actually not expecting much. If they are more of the same junk available then I just may leave or get a different phone from ebay if something happens to my ENV3 and I have been a Verizon customer since 1999.

Guess those of us who cannot afford data plans are just not important to verizon as we once were.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Guess those of us who cannot afford data plans are just not important to verizon as we once were.

BINGO!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
You are free to obtain your cell service from any carrier once you reach the end of your contract. If I was as dissatisfied as you seem to be, I would find a carrier that met my needs better.
0 Likes
Doxielvr3

Hey saarialDo as I did. I bought a battery from ebay and now my phone is working like new.   I will do this till they offer better feature phones. Or mabye buy another phone from ebay too if it comes down to it before I get a junk phone that they offer now.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

I understand your concern and I would like to address it for you. Your post mentioned that you use your device for pictures and videos, and that you send the pictures from your device. I have checked our currently offered feature phones and we offer some great phones that have good cameras and QWERTY keyboards. As some examples, we offer the LG Octane, which has a 3.2 megapixel camera, the Kin Two, which has an 8 megapixel camera, and the Kin One, which has a 5 megapixel camera. All of these devices have touch screens and QWERTY keyboards and do not require a data plan. You are able to check out these phones by clicking here .

In fact, with these devices you are able to add/remove a data plan at your leisure, or you can block data altogether. So, you are able to have the flexibility to use the data option on the device or not. 

I hope this information is helpful for you.

0 Likes