New Basic Phone Designs
babbas83

I'm thinking about possibly going from a smart phone to a basic phone.  Do you think there's a chance Verizon will come out with a new cool looking basic phone?  I know everyone is into technology & smart phones but I'm getting tired of my mine & the extra money I have to pay for a data plan every month.  The only thing stopping me from switching back to a basic phone is the design of the ones Verizon currently offers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Basic Phone Designs
DRAEGER

Right now the U370 (new version of Samsung Reality) is about as close as it gets to a "NEW & COOL non-smart phone" for Verizon, that doesn't require a Data Plan.

Also you can get several older phones off Ebay that won't require a Data Plan.  Rogue, Env Touch and a few others...  are not suppose to require a data plan.  I hear the Motorola Devour doesn't require one either, but I don't know for sure about this one.

0 Likes
Re: New Basic Phone Designs
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

babbas83 wrote:

I'm thinking about possibly going from a smart phone to a basic phone.  Do you think there's a chance Verizon will come out with a new cool looking basic phone?  I know everyone is into technology & smart phones but I'm getting tired of my mine & the extra money I have to pay for a data plan every month.  The only thing stopping me from switching back to a basic phone is the design of the ones Verizon currently offers.

I totally agree with you. I don't like any of the current basic phone designs either. I loved the EnV2 and EnV3 - which you can still get online (not sure if the EnV3 still requires a $9.99 data plan or not) But the "step up" from the EnV3 (the LG Octane) looks like a toy for a child. I don't know, it seems like the quality of the basic phones has gone down quite a bit.

0 Likes