Need help accessing photos on old LG VX8100 flip phone
SDgardener744

Hello everyone,

I'd appreciate any help on accessing and transferring my photos from an old LG flip phone (VX8100) to my laptop. I tried to charge the battery, turn on the phone and access the menu so I could transfer the photos to a Micro SD card, but when I press the power button, I only see the Verizon wireless screen....which never advances past that point.

This particular phone doesn't have a USB port, just the LG power supply port. 

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

A

0 Likes
Re: Need help accessing photos on old LG VX8100 flip phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure we find a way to save those pictures is a must @SDgardener744. Let's work together to find our options to accomplish this, and in doing so, we'd like to ask some questions. How long did you allow for the device to charge before you attempted to turn it on? Follow this link to learn how to remove the battery and inspect it: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-29920/ Upon removing it, inspect the battery to see if it presents corrosion or if it seems inflated. Keep us posted with your results.

AbrahamS_VZW

0 Likes
SDgardener744

Hi Abraham,

Thanks for the reply, and for offering to help! I removed the battery and it appears to be in good condition. I also have an LG Lithium Ion 3.7V 1100mAh battery that I haven't tried. I charged the 1000mAh battery overnight before trying to turn on the phone.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,

Aaron

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate that information, @SDgardener744. Please try using the other spare battery that you have and let us know if it gets passed the Verizon Wireless screen. We'll be standing by with the results.

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes