My Samsung Brightside won't turn off!
kln08183

Aside from the crappy battery life (which I should be used to by now), there's another fun new glitch! The darn thing WON'T TURN OFF! I push the power button and hold it in, and it powers down, then IMMEDIATELY powers back on. Anyone else having this problem? I don't know if it's a software issue, a phone issue, or what, but I could really use some help, PLEASE!

Thanks!

Kara

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Samsung Brightside won't turn off!
iiigoiii
Enthusiast - Level 2

>> Duplicate post removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of ServiceSee <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
iiigoiii
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes, i have the same problem; just started happening to my brightside also.  really annoying.  to shut off the phone, i now have to remove the battery and keep it out until i'm ready to turn it back on.

(i've also just been experiencing another problem common to the brightsides, where it thinks it is always charging...whether or not it is plugged into a charger.  that problem went away, now this one started.)

i wonder if it is somehow related to batteries that are getting older?

0 Likes
kln08183

It doesn't have anything to do with the battery; I just bought a new

battery for mine, and it still does that. Smiley Sad I think it's a software

problem, to be honest with you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HI Iiigoiii,

Let's locate your missing charge! We want your device to be problem free. Has there been any liquid or physical damage to the device? Are you using the original wall & vehicle charger for the Brightside to charge this device? Keep me posted.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
iiigoiii
Enthusiast - Level 2

original wall charger.  haven't used car charger.  no liquid damage - water damage indicators on phone and battery are intact.

about a week before this all started, the phone was in my pants pocket when it was raining outside.  pants got wet but phone did not - high humidity environment for sure, but no more than would be expected for a real-life situation.  (and, i'm not sure this has anything to do with the problems that started happening a week - 2 weeks later....)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for all the details, iiigoiii. We can exchange your device, but if it's determined to have water damage you would be charged. I want to avoid that if possible. Do you have insurance? http://bit.ly/07CrqPK

0 Likes