Missed calls
GrannyTichi

If a person uses a older phone due to living in a remote area that needs a antenna to receive a signal, would they be aware of a missed call if they do not have Caller Id, Voice Mail or texting? If they are aware would they know what number it came from?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Missed calls
acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

I don't have that kind of phone but on the rare occasion I have to go out to hubby's work in the boonies I have encountered no signal there and if someone calls it goes right to voice mail and I get no missed call notice on my phone showing the number I missed so don't know until I see the voice mail message that someone tried to call me.  If they have no caller ID, voice mail or texting I don't see how they could possibly know who called if anyone.  I know on the rare occasion I was out of signal and saw the voicemail message I can push what ever while listening to voice mail to hear what number called to leave the voice mail.  Mary

0 Likes
GrannyTichi

Thanks that’s what I thought. At least I know the person wasn’t just ignoring my calls.  Kids!

A day hemmed in prayer seldom unravels.

Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2012 6:54 PM

To: 

Subject: Re: Missed calls - Re: Missed calls

created by in Basic Phones - View the full discussion

>Personal info removed to comply with VZW ToS<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

Well I don't know any cell phone carrier that does not supply caller ID but if you have signal then missed calls will show up unless they are able to have the cell company turn off caller id, have no clue about that.  Also on my phone I can set it to only allow calls from people in my address book so if you are not in my address book I do not hear it ring and I believe it goes right to voicemail and if it's junk and something I don't want to deal with I delete the voicemail and ignore and don't call back so that is another scenario.  Mary

0 Likes