LG octane on verizon prepaid?
drzrx

Good afternoon,

I currently have verizon contract plan that just ended - but i'm paying an exhorbitant amount of money for a crappy plan.

450 minutes, 1000 texts and paying over $50/month for a BASIC phone.

I am wondering if I can use this Verizon LG OCTANE phone on a verizon prepaid plan?

or will i be forced to purchase another basic phone?

Thanks!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG octane on verizon prepaid?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Drzrx, I certainly don't want you to feel that way about your plan. I checked and it doesn't look like the LG Octane is compatible with our prepaid plans. I would check with our prepaid customer service to be sure at 888-294-6804.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I believe you should be able to bring your phone, LG Octane, to a prepaid account.

0 Likes
shutterbug07
Contributor - Level 2

Prepaid Basic Plans
35$$ 500 minutes no mobile to mobile
unlimited text and mobile web.

$50 Unlimited talk text and mobile web

Call prepaid and have them verify that the phone works. 888-294-6804

0 Likes
archeryhunter19931
Contributor - Level 1

Hi drzrx,

Because the octane has 3G, you would have to choose between the smartphone plans that are 2GB for $60 a month and 4GB for $70. Both include unlimited text and talk. I tryed doing this with the samsung brightside and the CR said that I would need to choose either of the smartphone plans. I asked why and they said because it is 3G phone. The only phones that don't need the smartphone plans on prepaid are for 1X (2G only) phones. Hope this helps!

archeryhunter1993

0 Likes
Chris2010
Enthusiast - Level 2

drzrx,

Since your LG Octane phone is 3G it would need to be activated on a 2GB plan or higher if you would like to have it setup on a prepay basis. Recently verizon introduced a new $35 postpay (or contract) plan which provides 500 anytime minutes, unlimited text and web. Keep in mind there is no mobile to mobile or nights and weekends. If you are out of contract at this point it would require a 1yr contract extension. This is basically the same as the prepay offering for 2G phones however the coverage is better, it allows you to keep the same account and will work for all basic phone regardless of 2G/3G capability. You may have to call customer service to get this offering.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Drzrx, I certainly don't want you to feel that way about your plan. I checked and it doesn't look like the LG Octane is compatible with our prepaid plans. I would check with our prepaid customer service to be sure at 888-294-6804.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes