Re: LG env Touch has too many problems
DRAEGER

I've never had my contract restarted and after my Glyde broke, I went through several refurbished Glydes that had problems. After the second bad phone I was given several other style phones to choice from and none of them where refurbished at that point.

In fact I have 3 phones on my account which have not been under contract for over a year. I have purchased phones off ebay or from friends and had a few replaced through Asurion for these lines and have yet to have my contract renewed/restarted.  And I have no plans to ever renew my contract, I like the option of not being tied down and freedom to leave at anytime without being saddled with a termination fee.  Not that I have any plans to switch carries, but you never know... :smileywink:

0 Likes
mybelle2011

I am sooo glad to hear that I'm not the only one having the 'shutting off' issue with the Env Touch.  I was sooo completely aggrivated the other day I wanted to throw the phone across the room and slam it on the floor!  I restrained and didn't do so, but I did have to switch out to an old phone I had sitting around in my junk drawer.  I have replaced my env touch phone 3 times...all within a year under the manufacture warranty...each phone lasted a few months before something went wrong with it and I had to replace it again.  The last two had this 'shutting off' issue...just shuts off whenever it feels like it...in the middle of a call, middle of texting or just sitting there by itself, no one touching it while on my desk...shuts off!  Full battery and shuts off.  the problem is this is the best phone I've ever had and I absolutely LOVE it...but I can't stand it at the same time and I'm so tired of replacing it.  Now that my year of manufacturing warranty is expired, I don't know what to do.  I have insurance on the phone but why would I pay my $80 deductible to get yet another 'refurbished' phone...that I shouldn't have to pay for!!!  This is not my fault...I didn't drop it in water or do anything damaging to my phone...it is obviously a manufacturing issue with the phone itself but what do I do now?  Grrrr....

0 Likes
the5wilsons

i used to have this peice of crap! it looks and feels SOOOO nice at first. the cameras amazing. the screen and textings amazing! but ugh i drpped it ONCE with a screen protector and a body glove on. there goes the phone. broken. may i mention it was on hard wood floor?? now i have a samung intensity II and its been through some crazy stuff, alotaa physcial issues but lats so much longer then this... dont buy lg's! ssamsungs and pantech r da bomb! pantechs look all cool, and sumsungs r durable. as for lg's i know nobody who likes their for more then like a couple monthes.

0 Likes
waweegirl6921

I completely understand how you feel. im coming up on my 2 yr contract ending soon. in december. and in the past 2 years. i have replaced my phone about 6 times and had to get a new battery alone about 5. this phone has given me so much greif.  ive had to replace it because the touch screen stopped working, because it wouldnt charge on the charger or on anyone charger, and the other times were becasue it would hold charge for an hour and die. now im back at the point where i have to turn off my phone when im not using it or it will die. im so very disappointed with this phone. it has made my life harder not easier.  i cant take pictures without it being plugged in to charge or it will die or anything. im looking forward to getting rid of this one. verizon can do better. bive almost considered switching companies. and  i want to be loyal to you verizon but your not making it easy!

0 Likes
appleheadjoyce
Enthusiast - Level 2

I should have looked here first!  I went ahead and ordered a new phone, the Samsung Stratosphere.  I had to pay the $99 when many stores had it for free.  But I was so tired of my ENV turning off!  I've seen so many responses to this message about the same problem.  I loved my LG ENV.  It was everything I needed.  But I did quite a bit of pocket calling, which I learned to accept, but the powering off was more than I could take when I had a family member in the hospital and no one could get hold of me. 

0 Likes
jkwilson

We have 4 of these nightmares.  It is the pocket dialing king.  How hard it is it to disable the stinking buttons when you lock the phone?  It comes unlocked very easily, then pushing the send button twice redials your last call. I'd be willing to bet 20% of my outgoing calls are pocket dialed.

2 of the phones do the random shut off thing since new.  They have been a royal PITA.  Making phones isn't rocket science.

Worthless phone.  I'm through with LG.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

I really like my enV Touch. Never had a pocket dial, how does it become unlocked when you need to "slide up" to unlock it? Do you have Auto lock turned on? It does a random shut down about once or twice a month and reboots once or twice a week. not that big of a deal for me.

0 Likes
lorinyc

I had the problem with the phone turning off while texting, emailing, etc - and not holding a charge for long.  The phone is 18 months old.  Staff in 2 Verizon stores told me the problem is common but had no solutions apart from replacing the phone. One staff person researched it further and offered to download software for me (would take 30+ minutes).  I chose to first try replacing the battery - got one on eBay for $3 - and the phone works well now.  If you are outside your warranty period, my suggestion is to first try replacing the battery. 

0 Likes
timefreak17
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Env Touch is a phone builders platypus, with more failures than success it seems. As a Touch owner the phone shuts down when i try to use the internet browser, it shuts off when its in my pocket(9 times a day), the phone after using the qwerty keyboard for txt messages when you close the phone it shuts off, and the concept of a smart phone is lacking in usability and ease of use. I see the problem as the power connections between the battery and the phone, and internal programming as a culprit. Yes we may turn phones off accidentally every once in a while but 9 times a day...thats not normal. Personally they need a recall or to add a button/touch screen lock to hinder physical accidental shutdowns. And maybe the updated software will take care of the internet problems, but the battery being the outer shell...well there is no way of fixing from the connections being jimmied off on the current phone, so for future models LG needs to create a new connector hook  from battery to phone or change the whole battery design.

0 Likes
Heretic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi. I've had my LG Env Touch since June of '10 and it works just fine. Smiley Happy

0 Likes