Re: LG enV Touch Issues = Complete Frustration (Please Help Me!)
moparfreak426
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Env touch is the worst phone ever. Way too many software and hardware issues. to fix the TN file issue, when on your computer change the end of the file. ex. MeAndMyDog.tn change it to MeAndMyDog.jpg simply by clicking and erasing .tn and changing to jpg

baggyguy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree that the EnV LG touch is the worst phone I have ever had. And I have spent time with three different Verizon reps today, each of whom gave me opposite opinions on what to do with it ... including one rep who told me to buy a new phone on eBay, despite my Assuron coverage plan. There is no common view, or common comprehension among Verizon reps. Actually, I have had three replacements over the last three years, and none of the phones is better than the original. The touch pad just dies.

It's a shame that Verizon doesn't stand behind its products, short of signing a new, two-year contract. Given my history with Verizon, I have no reason to trust them with another two years. They haven't shown themselves to be worthy.

Time to go shopping. I don't think Verizon really cares.

lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

baggyguy wrote:

each of whom gave me opposite opinions on what to do with it ...

So you want everyone to have the same opinion? My opinion is that it may be a user issue, or an application issue, we've had an env Touch for well over a year and have not had an issue with it. But we all know what opinions are like.

0 Likes
baggyguy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Lewis,

Thanks for your response to my posting.

I think the point I was trying to make was that three (now six) Verizon

representatives all gave me widely diverse opinions as to how to handle my

problems with my LG EnV Touch phone.  Some were so conflicting as to

confuse a consumer who believes that a company has policies to deal with

such situations. One rep said he'd call me back "fifteen minutes" ... and

Verizon has a record of that call ... yet the representative never called

me back. As the owner of a customer-service based company, I would never

stand for such actions. The word of a representative is the same as the

word of the Company.

Obviously, from posted comments, the phone in question has been defective

to many Verizon customers. I have owned three or four of these phones, and

each has had to be replaced. Verizon never informed me that the replacement

phone only had a 90-day guarantee. I am on my third, or fourth, EnV Touch,

and each time the touch screen has gone bad. Verizon knows this.

But being given many different "opinions" as to how to handle the problem

does not speak well for Verizon. I have been a customer for more years than

I can remember. Some of the representatives, with whom I spoke, responded

with words like "you're kidding" when I told them what other reps had to

say. I have all documentation.

It's a sad commentary on American business when a consumer is given so many

different answers as to how to handle a problem with one of their products.

I have ALWAYS trusted Verizon to handle problems, but now it seems I must

fend for myself, as Verizon is inconsistent and I am skeptical as to what I

have been told.

It's sad to see what has become of American companies, and their views of

"customer service."

Ken

<< Personal information removed to comply with Verizon Community ToS >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

funshine1100

I have the lg enV touch phone as well I don't really have problems with it except my voice mail when I call my voice mail I get the message management system and cannot check my voice mail through that I have tried every thing I can and still I am not getting my voicemail's do you know how to fix that?

0 Likes
Joyfulgozo

I must have a really exceptional example of an LG Touch!  I so enjoy it.  And, those above issues -- didn't know that they existed.  If a person is hard on the phone, yes the touch screen eventually ceases to work/touch.  But, I'm easy on mine and am nearly ready for my 2yr upgrade -- and I don't want to have a new one. There are no better ones out there for me that do nearly everything that a Smart Phone does, but doesn't require its nearly double priced contract breakage agreement.  I have been looking at what is out there -- nope, nothing duplicates it -- High Octane nearly does so, it is just minus the touch screen.  Maybe from reading the complaints, I can see why the Octane was created.

Mine has all I want and then some:  3.2mp camera with flash, plus the standard text & talk.  The touch screen is fun to use, especially after one puts their social media on it.  My FB &email are there.  I look for similar basic featured phones and no they don't exist -- especially the flash accompanying the camera feature, minus the High Octane of which I've mentioned.  And at this point, I don't see an upgrade to the High Octane, only that it also is being phased out of the basic phone provisions. 

I have no problem retrieving my voice msgs.  As for the jpeg thing, I haven't dealt with that area.  So, by default --  no problem for me.  That was an interesting answer re. changing the ending to jpeg and problem solved -- hope that works for everyone. 

So, have a wonderful day everyone -- and may all go well with the future Verizon Cell Phone choices! (April 10, 2012 @ ~ 1506 hours.

0 Likes
LauraRoss
Enthusiast - Level 2

Isn't there a "LemonLaw" that applies to cel phones? Where if you have the sam problem over n over the law states you get restitution, a  new on or a different type. There needs to be accountability with these large companies! I have and am still having the same probe-MULTIPLE PROBS w my envy touch and they just keep sending more junk "like new" ones! Verizon is an absolute rip-off as far as I am concerned. When they have half these responses in here, you can tell its Verizon staff.

0 Likes
LauraRoss
Enthusiast - Level 2

It must be the exception. By your language and enthusiasm, sounds like you work for Verizon, or you should.

0 Likes
LauraRoss
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not being able to retrieve your voicemail IS a problem. WHY would you say no problems except.... That is a key function of a phone. Do you work for Verizon as well?

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

You're replying to a thread that was started in March 2011 and was last visited 2.5 months ago. You should probably just start a new thread to address your phone's issues.

0 Likes