Re: LG enV Touch Issues = Complete Frustration (Please Help Me!)
LauraRoss
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon has been entirely un-accountable, un-reliable, deceptive, conflicting, confusing, rude, obnoxious, and even out right lied to me. I cannot believe the board or owners of this very profitable company knows how bad they are and treat and rob customers! They need to be investigated for out right fraud. Shame on them for taking advantage of people, our time, our money and our lives with all of the nonsense they put us through.

0 Likes
LauraRoss
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another Verizon employee!! Why would you doubt what all these customers are saying.

0 Likes
LauraRoss
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with what you said and I have never and will never sign a contract like that for anything of this nature, even tho it costs me more up-front, I can leave when I want, but they still have me locked in to them because i have their cel phones! Then they are an-accountable leave the customer with no easy recourse. The person that answered you is probably a Verizon employee monitoring these.

0 Likes
mithmal
Contributor - Level 1

LG makes the worst phones may not be too much longer before they stop making phones all together!

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Anyone know the number to the WHAAAAAMBULNCE?

JamesBond014

I have had mine since Sept of 09.  I only have had the issue with the phone calling the last number I dialed.   Also I lost the phone in a snow bank for a week And some one found it and returned it.  I took out the battery for a week and put it on the register baseboard which is not too hot and everything still works.   Put if I get a new phone it will have wifi.  I nned to try the bluetooth 2.1 in this unit and try downloading all my pictures on the microsd chip.    I plan to USB tether this phone to my computer to see what speeds I get on the internet.

0 Likes
angfs

stick paper between the battery and case. don't put it on the contacts. this helps keep the battery in place. I read this from others and tried it and it really works, my phone is not shutting off anymore..

0 Likes
Re: LG enV Touch Issues = PHOTOS...TN files....PLease help!
Neera
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Maxcool and Everyone else who is having problems with ".tn" file formats related to LG and LG EnV cell phones regarding pictures.

I have a Verizon LG Env phone (I think it's the 3rd version); I also have a memory card that goes into this phone called a 'SanDisk 1GB Memory Card, by Verizon Wireless).

I was having difficulty downloading the pictures from my phone to my computer. Some of the pictures once transferred showed up as .jpg while other had the file format .tn (which I later found out stood for 'Tracor Northern Image Files').

I tried a wide variety of ways to try to convert these .tn files to .jpg; none of which worked.

The ways I tried that didn't work was:

1. manually deleting the '.tn' and typing in '.jpg'. (though some people said this worked for them)

2. using a program called Irfan (though some people said this worked for them)

Customer service for both Verizon Wireless and for the LG products could not help me with this problem (though they tried).

Ultimately due to trial and error I discovered roughly what the problem was and How to solve it:

First: there are 2 different ways to transfer the pictures from your cellphone to your computer; and both of these ways work for what I'm later about to tell you:

1. Use the USB Cable that is part of your regular 'plug-into-the-wall' phone charger (which you can unplug from the big part of the cord that contains the 2 metal prongs part of the cord, and just use it as a USB cable to attach to your computer) OR

2. If you have a Memory Card in your phone: Take the mini SanDisk memory card that fits into your cell phone and then inserting that mini memory card into the Bigger SanDisk memory card that came inside the same package as that mini SanDisk memory card (you plug it into the bottom slot of that bigger SanDisk memory card that almost looks exactly like a regular Digital Camera memory card, but again, there is a little opening that the Mini SanDisk memory card fits into; and then you can plug that bigger SanDisk Memory Card directly into the Digital Camera Memory Card slot that most modern day computers and laptops have).

Then you can 'drag and drop' those pictures from the folder that pops up on your computer to a new folder that you can save on your desktop or elsewhere OR you can 'copy and paste' them into a new folder on your desktop or elsewhere.

Once you do this, you realize there are both .jpg and .tn files (if you used the USB cable).

What happened is that:

The files that were saved directly to the Memory Card are saved as .jpg files. BUT,

The files that were saved directly to the Cell Phone are saved as .tn files.

To solve this problem, I simply downloaded the .jpg files to my computer, and then on the memory card, I then Erased those .jpg files so that there would now be more free space on the memory card.

Then, I plugged the memory card back into my cell phone.

Then I went to:

"Menu",

"Media Center",

"Pictures & Video",

"My Pictures",

"Options" (located in the bottom right corner for me),

"Manage My Pics" (listed as choice # 7 for me),

"Mark All" (choice # 5 for me),

"Options" (bottom right corner),

"Move" (choice # 2 for me),

"To Card" (choice #1 for me).

Then what happens is the pictures that are saved directly on your Cell phone will transfer to the Memory card. By doing this, the .tn files that were on your Cell phone will automatically convert to .jpg file formats. Your phone will take a few minutes to transfer your images from your phone to your memory card. Once it's complete, it should tell you (there should be a 'thinking/progress bar' that indicates which #1 its on out of how many total pics it's converting, ex. "1/100" means it's on pic 1 out of 100 pics that it is converting from your cell phone to your memory card).

Then you just repeat the steps already stated: ie: you take out the Mini memory card in your cell phone, then plug that mini memory card into the Bigger memory card. Then plug that Bigger memory card (that now contains the Mini memory card inside of it), into your computer Digital Memory Card slot. Then open the folder that pops up that contains these pictures. Now they should all show up as being '.jpg' files. Then either 'drag and drop' them into a new file that you can save on your desktop or elsewhere, OR you can 'copy and paste' them into a new file you can save on your desktop or elsewhere.

Yeah, this took a lot of work on my part. Seriously. Someone once said maybe I should go into engineering or some related field. They might've had a good point since I'm able to figure this out when not even the 2 different Companies who Make the phone and memory card could Figure out their Own products! However, I had already decided to go into 'Law' instead. I'm am thrilled that as of a couple months ago, I graduated Law School with Honors. Sadly, the Engineering and other Technology related fields, will not have me as officially one among their number. Therefore, I pray (seriously) that the people and technical support people who Are in this field... er... 'get smarter, quick!'

Ok, sorry about that mini-rant, but really, this took up So much of my time (and with Much Aggravation) to figure this out By Myself.

I hope this has been a help to you all!