LG enV TOUCH: Pictures from phone to computer
Youngdude

Hi, I have an LG enV TOUCH phone, and I took a few pictures with them that I'd like to move to my computer. My computer does not have the necessary hardware to do this via bluetooth, and I didn't get any software CD when I ordered the phone. I'd like to know if there's any possible way to get the pictures from my phone onto my computer using the USB cable that came with the phone (that plugs into the bottom of the phone and the charger). I do not have a microSD card, either, so if there's any way to directly access the pictures from my computer, I'd appreciate it. (I also know the method of e-mailing pictures messages to yourself, but I would like to save my texts for other things, if possible.)

Secondly, I will have a microSD card soon. I know how to use a microSD/USB adapter to move data from phone to computer (I have worked with an LG Dare before, and I assume the process is similar), but I am also wondering, in addition to doing it without a card, if I will need to purchase the adapter for me to be able to transfer data from the card to my computer.

Thanks in advance. 

Message Edited by Youngdude on 07-18-2009 12:34 PM
Message Edited by Youngdude on 07-18-2009 12:34 PM
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG enV TOUCH: Pictures from phone to computer
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

only1man wrote:
I have the same problem as the original poster, although I do have a microSD card. Also, when I first plug-in my phone to the USB cord, it says "Select Sync option for USB connection" and asks me to select either music or data, although no matter which I pick, my music is the only thing that is ever available when I follow the steps the second or third poster said to follow. This has been driving me nuts for months now, and I haven't been able to find an answer anywhere online as to how to get to my pictures. Help please!

Just hit CLR or end when you get that message to "sync" - then on the phone, go to Menu>>Tools and Settings>>Tools>>USB Mass Storage.  It will connect and you can see the phone as a drive on your computer.  You aren't going to "SYNC", so you need to get out of that mode and just view the contents of the SD card via USB.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Carm
Contributor - Level 2

answer is yes you can.

1) go to your phone's tolls and settings menu

2) choose tools

3) choose USB Mass Storage

open up MY computer on your PC, it will look like a removable drive, and then just browse the folder for you pix and drag them to your desktop/folder

0 Likes
Youngdude

I tried doing "Tools and Settings" > "Tools" > "USB Mass Storage" while my phone is hooked up to my computer, but all I get is the message "CARD NOT INSERTED." Is this how I access pictures without the aid of a USB adapter, given that I have a card?

I know I have the driver for my phone, because I've already synced music using Verizon V Cast Music with Rhapsody, but I can't access my pictures.

Message Edited by Youngdude on 07-18-2009 01:16 PM
0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
Hmm i guess the phone only works in mass storage device when an sd card is inserted? It doesnt make sense for it to be like that tho.
0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Another option (though a bit clunky, it works) is to send a picture message to your email address.  The Settings and Tools>>>Tools>>>USB Mass Storage option should work though; if I have my SD card installed in my phone, it is simply seen as an extra drive without any other configuration.  Without the SD card in the phone, I have to go through the menus on the phone to see what is on the phone's memory.

HTH

0 Likes
Youngdude
As you will see from my original post, I know that picture messaging to your e-mail works. I wanted a way that would be a direct access via the link. Anything I can do without a microSD card?
0 Likes
2006cellboy

Hi,

I get the same "insert MicroSD card" message on my LGVersa. It does seem that data should just pass thru the phone right to the PC. I'm guessing LG/Verizon had a "logical" reason for prepping your phone for storage transfers. I haven't purchased a card yet, but I will just to see if it works. 

0 Likes
Joe234

Get an 8 gig Sandisk microsd card on amazon for 10 bucks.

0 Likes
only1man
I have the same problem as the original poster, although I do have a microSD card. Also, when I first plug-in my phone to the USB cord, it says "Select Sync option for USB connection" and asks me to select either music or data, although no matter which I pick, my music is the only thing that is ever available when I follow the steps the second or third poster said to follow. This has been driving me nuts for months now, and I haven't been able to find an answer anywhere online as to how to get to my pictures. Help please!
0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

only1man wrote:

Just hit CLR or end when you get that message to "sync" - then on the phone, go to Menu>>Tools and Settings>>Tools>>USB Mass Storage.  It will connect and you can see the phone as a drive on your computer.  You aren't going to "SYNC", so you need to get out of that mode and just view the contents of the SD card via USB.

0 Likes