LG Pantech Hotshot Touch Screen slow and willl not type
pizz

I'm having some trouble with this phones touchscreen. I will be typing something on the phone, the phone will stay on a letter, but i can go to other letter but it wont type anything. Also, sometimes the touchscreen wont work at all it will just wont let me do anythings. I'm getting really mad at this phone and any help would be really nice. Typing fast on this phone is impossible with this phone and its driving me up a wall. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Pantech Hotshot Touch Screen slow and willl not type
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I wonder if the user phone uses a resistive touch screen or a capacitive touch screen? Resistive touch screen will respond to the pressure of your fingers or nails on the screen. The capacitive screen doesn't use pressure and won't respond to nails.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pizz

I can't use my nails to touch the screen and it doesn't use pressure. So it has to be capacitive.

0 Likes
pizz

Any help would be nice

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I honestly don't know. Maybe the processor or the screen can't keep up.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Mrmamj

I am having the same problem it seems. I type very fast and it will freeze for the longest time. It will freeze on a letter and then unfreeze, then I go to erase the letter and it gets stuck on the backspace and it will erase my whole message. I dont know if it is the touch screen of the program. Any advise would be helpful because I am about to throw it against a wall. Thank you!    

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning Mrmamj. I completely understand how upsetting it can be when your device continuously freezes like that, but please do not throw it against the wall. I am confident that I can fix it.

Does this issue only occur when texting? The first thing I would want you to try is a simple battery pull. Leave the battery out for about 30 seconds and then put it back in and power the device back on. Also, if you have a lot of saved text messaging threads try clearing out some of the ones that you don't need anymore as it may be a memory issue.

Another thing to check is to make sure that your phone is on the latest software verison. Visit http://vz.to/YFXRFi for steps on how to update software. If there is a software upgrade available it will ask you to download it, if not it'll tell you that you are up to date.

Please update us with your results. Have a great weekend Mrmamj.

NickB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes