LG Octane - message delivered icon not updating
marionlouise

I have a brand new LG Octane, bought within the last month. Whenever I send text messages, the "message delivered" icon does not update when the message has been sent. The Delivery Reciept feature is set to on, and I do have the latest software update.  I know the messages have been sent, because when I scroll down in the text message it has a delivery date and time, but the icon itself does not change. The only way it updates is if I turn my phone off and then on again. 

Any way to fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Octane - message delivered icon not updating
markizcul

Do a battery pull with the phone on, then reinsert the battery and restart the phone. See if that fix's it.

0 Likes
marionlouise

Already tried, no dice. It changed the icons of previous messages to the correct form, but new messages still aren't getting updated.

I checked previous forum posts from back in December, and there was a man who was having the same problems: 

http://www.lgforum.com/forum/boards/carriers/verizon/topics/lg-octane-not-showing-messages-sent-have...

I'm not sure if this is a software glitch for all of the Octane phones, or just mine in particular.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Could be a software glitch. It will only show the check mark if the recipient has Verizon Wireless as well.

0 Likes
Not applicable

There are several causes for the message waiting indicator not displaying.  1) The number is not a Verizon Wireless number.  2) The software is out of date.  You can check your current software on the LG Octane by going under menu> settings & tools> phone info> sw/hw version, [sw version].  The current version is VN530ZV5.  You can update your software by going under menu> settings & tools> phone info>software update> check new.  If you know your software is old, but cannot update it using software update menu, you can take it to a store to have new software flashed onto the phone.

You can also try reprogramming your phone to the network by dialing *228 Send.  Choose option 1 to program your phone.  Please let us know if this resolved your message delivered indicator.  

0 Likes
lks10300

i have the same problem with my octane. I checked for the latest software and it says i am up to date. i also did the *228 to reprogram my phone and that did not fix it either. the only thing that fixes the problem is to pull the battery and re boot my phone which is incredibly annoying to do all the time. has there been any solution to this problem since the last post or is this something i am going to have to just deal with or get a new kind of phone?

0 Likes
joshermo

I just got the Octane yesterday and really like the phone.  However, the message delivered icon is also not showing up for me when I send to other Verizon customers like it did on all my previous Verizon phones.  I tried reactivating by *228 and it didn't work.  I tried pulling out the battery and it didn't work.  I made sure the "Message Receipt" setting is set to ON (in the Message Settings Menu) and still nothing.  Any other sugguestions besides returning the phone? As minute as that feature is, it's enough of a dealbreaker for me as I like to know that my message was received.   

0 Likes
harpman
Enthusiast - Level 3

well it looks like i'll be sending my Octane back after reading all this.. same issue here.....at times its importantant to know your text has been recieved...also have tried everything mentioned above

0 Likes