LG Extravert upgrade status is "user rejected"
bdcs64
Enthusiast - Level 1

I checked My LG Extravert software upgarde status under Menu > Settings > Phone Info > Software Updates > Status I see:

Source: Verizon Wireless

Name: LG_VN271ZV2_TO_ZV4

Code: 401

Date: Apr 7, 2012

Time: 3:34pm

When I do Menu > Settings > Phone Info > Software Updates > Check New it searches ("Connecting") and then just goes to the home screen.

According to http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/lg_extravert_instructions.pdf it shoudl give me teh options to do an OTA User Initiated update.

What does the stutus "User Rejected" mean and why can't I update?

I have removed battery and replaced as well as done a Master Reset but still same result when I try to do an OTA User Initiated update.

Thanks in advance for any help ....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Extravert upgrade status is "user rejected"
bdcs

Update:

I have downloaded and installed the USB driver from LG site.

When I connect the phone to my PC the Verizon Wireless Software Upgrade Assistant starts but the phone does not appear in the device list.

So, still havent been to install V4 update...

Any ideas?

0 Likes
bdcs

Update form original poster:

Called Verizon support and they told me to call LG support.

Called LG support and they told me software and updates are Verizon's thing and to speak to them.

Went to Verizon store today and they told me they no longer staff tech people to help with software issues and to call LG.

This phone is til sold by Verizon, so very disappointing and rather regrettable they "don't support it".

Can one of the Verizon Wireless Customer Support people in these forums chime in and help?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi bdsc64!

Let's see what we can do for you and this update! Please plug your phone into the PC and let me know if a screen pops up that shows "CD F Drive: Verizon Mobile" This is where the update can begin, I just want to make sure that this screeen pops up for you when it's plugged in.

Thanks,

Christina_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bdcs

Thanks for your response.

In the end the reason for the device not being found via USB was it was not set for Modem Mode.

I discovered this advice this out this afternoon from a posting in a mobile phone forum; however I appreciate that you were able to find this out and let me know.

Once I did that the update worked.

The LG VN271 manual, the Verizon website, the LG website, and several phone calls to Verizon and LG customer support did not produce this piece of information!

I am still very curious about why the OTA update did not work.

I have attached a page from the LG Extravert manual that explains OTA software updates.

According to:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/lg_extravert_instructions.pdf

and

http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/extravert.html

this phone should have the ability/options to do an OTA User Initiated update.

Why though it didn't work this way I am not sure.

Thanks again for your help,

Brian

0 Likes