LG Extravert and Audiobooks?
Wink48
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't seem to find an answer...Can I d/l an audiobook (audiobooks.com) and listen to it on this phone?   If so, can I do this without using a data package?  Perhaps by d/l'ing the audiobook file and copying it to the phone from my PC?  (The book site states that I can d/l the audiobook file and copy it to a CD. 

If so, then I assume I would need to use a micro sd memory card. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Extravert and Audiobooks?
acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

Why not email them and ask?  They offer a 7 day free trial so that would give you your answer if you try it.  I don't use that site but it might depend what formatt the books are in if a phone can play them.  Mary

0 Likes
Not applicable

Wink48,

I'd be happy to provide an answer to your question. You would most definitely need an SD card, as an audiobook would likely be a large file. You can use up to a 32GB SD memory card. The LG Extravert supports audio in MP3, M4A, Unprotected AAC, and Unprotected AAC+ formats. So if the audiobook is in that format, you should be able to copy the files onto an SD card in the phone and they will play properly. I would contact audiobooks.com to verify the format they use for their files.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,

AdamE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Iver

Hi, according to the Extravert datasheet the Extravert can play WMA files.  I just got the phone in November but it won't play protected WMA files.  I transferred the files from my pc to microcard and put the card in my phone.  Am I doing something wrong?

I downloaded the files from my library using the overdrive software so the files are legit.

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

If they are not protected I would convert them to MP3 then put them on the card.  MP3 is so much easier to deal with in these situations and less hassle.  There are many free programs to convert to MP3.  Mary

0 Likes
Iver

Hi, thanks for the information but as I said before, they are protected files.  I was able to transfer them to an older phone using the software I used to download them (Overdrive). I didn't use that software before so that may have been the problem.

And I agree - mp3s are SO much easier to deal with than WMA!

0 Likes
acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

Well if they are protected files that could be the problem.  They are probably protected so you can't do that with them is all I can guess.  Mary

0 Likes