LG Exalt LTE - Faulty Korean Support
FriarBabs
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Korean keyboard support on the LG Exalt LTE technically exists, but it's a crazy headache (on the border of unusable) because of two issues which hypothetically could have easily been avoided:

1.) There is no option for punctuation on the Korean keyboard. Even the ability to simply type ".", "?", "!" would be a tremendous improvement, and certainly a viable possibility.

2.) The general keyboard layout is the least intuitive possible keyboard layout (see: CYON / CANU) (http://www.koreanwikiproject.com/wiki/Text_messaging). The ANYCALL layout uses the same keyboard but is much more intuitive. In any case, at least punctuation should be accounted for in the CYON layout. Did non-Korean people do the programming of the keyboard layout?

I submit this bug report as an English speaker. However, my concern is that users of the LG Exalt LTE Korean keyboard are probably overwhelmingly elderly Korean-Americans who do not speak English. As such, they probably have the same complaint but are not able to voice it. So, LG, I am really asking that you take this complaint seriously.

0 Likes